Handlebar Bags : Experiences & Recommendations

This handlebar bag showed up on my Facebook feed. It doesn't say it's waterproof, there are no dimensions, I have no idea about quality, and I don't even know who makes it. I like the basic idea of having the screw in mount deck on the top. It's also relatively cheap, maybe not a good sign. Does anyone know anything about it?

This handlebar bag showed up on my Facebook feed. It doesn't say it's waterproof, there are no dimensions, I have no idea about quality, and I don't even know who makes it. I like the basic idea of having the screw in mount deck on the top. It's also relatively cheap, maybe not a good sign. Does anyone know anything about it?

I saw this. It has some nice features. If it is well made it looks like a real bargain. It won't work on with a Bosch Intuvia mount as the mounting bracket just spans a typical stem/bar mount. If you have a center mounted display, just make sure it will fit. Most of these Facebook deals seem to be companies with no inventory, that order from China after getting orders from retail buyers and then ship when the product arrives. Don't bee surprised if it takes around 2 months or even more to get the product/

This thread has been running for a bit, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 worth in anyway.

We've used Topeak DX handlebar bags for years on our mech bikes. They easily ciip on & off, and hold lots of 'stuff'. Unfortunately, they would not fit on our ebike handlebars with their displays, etc. For daily rides we don't use handlebar bags on the ebikes, we use 'feedbags' instead. They work well for smaller volumes, including water bottles.

It isn't really the Jones bars but the cables that cause the clearance issue. In my case, the bag mount would have to extend forward about 12" to clear the cables. Sure, I could make adjustments to the control cables but the wiring is a different story. Right now, it's more trouble than it's worth considering I have the Banjo Bros. bag which fits nicely inside the cables.
***EDIT***
I've used the Arkel handlebar bags on my Trek MTB's for years. This thread motivated me enough to modify the cable position so I can now use the Arkel on my Jones H bars. Well worth the time spent!

My first reaction is that handlebar bag is extremely small. Probably less than half of the size of most handlebar bags.

Also second @Alaskan's comment on it being difficult to mount on an Intuvia display. Klickfix adapters are challenging enough.

My situation/needs are probably different than most, but I'll chime in with my experience for what it's worth. Much of my riding is off-road and sometimes a little off-trail. I have a large rack/bag in the back, but I wanted a bag in the front for my DSLR so I could access it quickly/easily for wildlife photo opportunities. I first tried an Ibera clip-on handlebar bag, but the weight of the DSLR (Sony RX10iv) and the bouncing from off-road riding destroyed the internal "frame" of this bag within a few months. I'm now using a Ruggard Hunter Pro 45 DSLR holster bag, which I've secured to the handlebar and stem with zip-ties since it has handy attachment points on the sides and bottom in addition to its beefy belt loop. Here's my review of it on Amazon with some photos. I have several hundred miles with this setup and the bag has held up perfectly (although I cut that handle/loop off since I don't really need that); the front pocket is secure enough for my phone so I have front-bag access for that too. Obviously you lose the capability of clip-off/on, but that wasn't something I needed anyway.

I have a Vaude Aqua Box. Fully waterproof & easy to access. It uses the Klickflix adapter so its easy to take off the bike with me when I want to or it can be locked with a key. It will hold a relatively heavy load without moving around during the ride. Plenty of space for everyday stuff/tools plus a jacket. I chose this over the Ortlieb 6 because it doesn't have the fixed plastic map film on the top. I always get bad reflections of of them. This has one you can add, so it is another expense, but you don't have to have it on all the time.

I really like the handlebar integrated front basket. Unfortunately, they were discontinued. It came with an additional frame for the nylon basket to use as a shopping bag.

They are still around but takes patience to find.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 3.40.47 PM.png

Back