Handelbar phone mount.

Mixyblob

I'm looking to buy a handlebar mount for my phone, its a Huawei Mate 9 on my 2020 Vado 3.
The one I'm contemplating is the Quad Lock but it relies on a sticky pad on the back of my phone case to provide a secure attatchment, which I'm not 100% happy about.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

This one has worked well for me. Someone on this forum recommended it.

I'm looking to buy a handlebar mount for my phone, its a Huawei Mate 9 on my 2020 Vado 3.
The one I'm contemplating is the Quad Lock but it relies on a sticky pad on the back of my phone case to provide a secure attatchment, which I'm not 100% happy about.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
With that stem the mounts that are safe are rokform vs quadlock If you mount into the Stem Bolt The Rokform is solid. The best thing : I tried several and many tend to slide around on handle bars https://www.rokform.com/products/v4-pro-series-iphone-bike-mount

I use Spigen Gearlock MF-100 phone mount on my Vado for Honor 8x phone.
One thing about any solution using the adhesive tape is the tape will let the phone fly sooner or later. I recommend connecting the mount adapter with the phone case with the Loctite Red or an equivalent. It works for me.

I use a stem mount by gaciron. $22. It uses a sticker and stem mount but the sticker appears very secure, I've never had an issue.

Non stem mounts are inferior if you want to use the mount often, because you've got to mess with the mount each time to use it. a sticker mount is a 1 second 1 handed slide motion. Only downside is you have to leave a sticker on a case. You could have a case just for the mount, and leave the case always on the bike

Rather than using glue or a sticky pad on my phone, I bought a belt clip holder which the phone snaps into. If you can find one, then you can glue, stick or screw the belt clip holder to any mount you choose without marking up the phone.

Nobody had their phone flying with the double adhesive tape solutions? Nobody?!
:)

Nobody had their phone flying with the double adhesive tape solutions? Nobody?!
:)

I gave up on double sided "sticky" tape years ago on my motorcycles and conventional bikes. Vibration eventually weakens the bond and air, moisture & dirt gets in causing eventual failure. Velcro or some mechanical fastener is a much better choice.

Vibration eventually weakens the bond and air, moisture & dirt gets in causing eventual failure.

That's why I simply glued the holder to the case with very strong glue. No issues afterwards. Well said "eventually". I trusted the tape solution for awhile. I don't anymore.

I've used these on several bikes and a Trike for years. For dirt rides, I put one of those small bungee cords across the phone, for added security.

1584976163580.png

Thanks for all your recommendations/suggestions folks. After an awful lot of reserch I've ordered a
Lamicall Bike Phone Holder - Universal.
It appears to be well made and designed, fits handelbars or stem, fits most phones and most importantly, doesn't rely on double sided sticky tape to secure it.

Quick update. The Lamicall hadelbar phone holder arrived today and I'm very pleased with it .
Its good points…
It doesn't rely on a sticky pad to mount it.
Its very well made.
It wasn't expensive £13.59
Its very easy to mount/unmount.
It holds my phone (and most others, I would assume) very securely.
It doesn't interfere with the phone buttons.
It doesn't obstruct the screen.
It's easy to adjust the mounting position without the need for tools.

Bad points…
Non so far…

Back