Haibike Xduro reads error and stops working periodically

Summerville

I have the powertube 500 stock for just over a month, bought brand new. Every few rides I'll have an issue where it says error on the display and there is intermittent to no power assist. You can toggle through the modes but no reaction. Turning it off and on doesn't fix the issue. Usually after fiddling around for awhile it eventually starts working again as normal. The sensor is always checked each time and is working fine.

All it reads is "error" and you can toggle the message off by selecting a mode like eMTB. However, at best there is a feeble power pulse that quits assisting the pedal stroke and for the most part there is no power until the error message goes away.

All it reads is "error" and you can toggle the message off by selecting a mode like eMTB. However, at best there is a feeble power pulse that quits assisting the pedal stroke and for the most part there is no power until the error message goes away.

Which display is your bike running?

There Is one display offered called the Purion, and any error codes that populate use the speed area of the display to throw the code and “error“ will read below.

Attachments

• DB814E19-FB9C-40AA-9502-1ED026F02F30.jpeg
    DB814E19-FB9C-40AA-9502-1ED026F02F30.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 384
Thanks, I didn't realize speed was the error code. I know it was reading a high number and the 50.3 in your picture looks familiar. I'll note it when it happens again.

Had it happen again today and confirmed it it is a 503 code. Bike worked fine, had it sitting for awhile mid ride and the computer turned off, then after 10 minutes of riding it read error and gave me minimal power. The walk assist was crawling at about .5 mph. Turbo gave barely any assistance. About 20 minutes of pushing up at steep hill and then for no special reason it just started working again just fine the rest of the ride. It has been doing this ever since I bought it and it is basically new, so I guess I'll have to go the warranty route.

@Summerville

I would recommend getting the bike checked out at your local Bosch dealer. There they can perform the necessary troubleshooting on what appears to be a speed sensor issue. They can check for the relationship of the magnet to the sensor and inspect the sensor itself. I hope this helps!

503 is a speed sensor issue. Misalignment is the usual culprit. The plastic sensor on the chain stay has a mark for the spoke mounted magnet to line up with.

I have Ktm bought 1 month ago with same issue. After 2km or 30km ride my display started to show erratic speeds such as 60km then 5km then 20 in seconds.
the speed sensor was in right place. I went bike shop and now I’m waiting for review.
this problem appears to happen only with assistance on.

best

Back