Haibike Sdurro FullSeven LT 9.0 in the house...

Hey Bob, yes you would accomplish the same thing. I went with riser bars and a 24 degree stem because I don't trust adjustable stems, particularly on trails, and because I personally prefer the look.

As of yesterday they are now "Deity 80mm riser bars." About to go on my first ride with them. The top (outside) of the grips is exactly 2" above the lowest part of the saddle now.

Actually, the Specialized stem I have IS in fact adjustable, at 24 degrees plus or minus 4 degrees. I have it at 28. It comes with two shims, one straight and one that has the hole cut through at an angle. One direction it's 20 degrees, and if you rotate is 180 degrees it's 28. Pretty cool actually.

IMG-1067.jpg

IMG-1069.jpg
Hey Dan-
Great! Nice custom setup you have going on there. Ergon grips, etc. I usually stick with what comes stock on the bike, then I slowly swap out and then customize from there as I see fit. So many mfgs out there for riser bars. Looks like those fit to the components on the bike nicely. I was also considering cutting down my bars to 760mm for a more trail friendly setup, however, I'll begin to lose the real estate on the bar setup. Decisions, decisions.

BTW-The adjustables seem to make more creaking noises with time than a standard type. Can you please leave a link to your stem so I can make a comparison? Much appreciated. ;)

Yeah, and a bit more like a dirt bike. Man I wanted one of the Mongoose BMX bikes bad when I was a kid!

@bob armani thanks, I have the 50mm version on the Vado and also on my girlfriend's mountain bike, and I have cut 30mm off each side of both of those (to stock Vado width). Still plenty of room for me, but I don't use anything extra on the bars.

Here is the stem: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/c...MIpdTL0cbr6QIVIfC1Ch1BvwzuEAQYASABEgKb6vD_BwE

Notice on the page:
  • 24-degree: 10 position angle range: +/- 20-degree to 28-degree, in 2-degree increments.
I forgot it has both 2 degree and 4 degree shims...

Last edited:
Yeah, and a bit more like a dirt bike. Man I wanted one of the Mongoose BMX bikes bad when I was a kid!

@bob armani thanks, I have the 50mm version on the Vado and also on my girlfriend's mountain bike, and I have cut 30mm off each side of both of those (to stock Vado width). Still plenty of room for me, but I don't use anything extra on the bars.

Here is the stem: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/c...MIpdTL0cbr6QIVIfC1Ch1BvwzuEAQYASABEgKb6vD_BwE

Notice on the page:
  • 24-degree: 10 position angle range: +/- 20-degree to 28-degree, in 2-degree increments.
I forgot it has both 2 degree and 4 degree shims...
Nice setup with various angle ranges. Looks like a great replacement for my existing adjustable setup I have. I see the reviewers have indicated they can now ride for longer periods due to better positioning. Thanks for sharing. 👍 :) Cheers!

Back