Haibike Sdurro FullSeven LT 9.0 in the house...

DanInStPete

Literally!

Took it for a short ride last night and will do a short one today. Have riser bars coming today and will take it to the trails tomorrow.

Feels like riding a moon lander on some puffy clouds šŸ˜

Pretty excited...

Haibike-Sdurro-Full-Seven-LT-9-0.jpg

Congratulations! I have the 2016 version of that bike. It has proven to be a great ride, very durable. Almost 9,000 miles and no electrical problems whatsoever! Have fun!

Congrats. beautiful bike. I just purchased two of these yesterday. One for me and one for my wife. We take delivery on Tuesday. I have read a lot of pros and cons but I am hoping I made the right choice.

Thanks for the comments.

For me there are no cons so far, but that's because I don't need to ride the Haibike on the street much, if ever. This is my first Plus bike, and now I know I would never get a Plus bike for an all around bike, I'd pick something I could put maybe 2.2" tires on.

It is a pig on the street! I often do two rides back to back, one bike and then the other. When I get off the Vado and get on the Haibike it's like getting out of a Porsche and jumping in a monster truck. My balance is actually off for a few minutes until I get adjusted. The only similarities are they have wheels and you can ride them, they are that different...

But, on the trails and anything rough it's an absolute beast. I put some Maxxis Chronicle 3" tires on it set up tubeless, and I run them at or under 20PSI (I weigh 240 lbs.). The tires and suspension just soak up everything. The steering takes some getting used to, and I think that difference is mostly the slacker geometry that I've never had before.

This bike, you just point it and go...

Here's the finished product. It's not been to a bike shop - I finally took the time to learn to adjust a derailleur correctly, and I set up the tubeless myself without a compressor. Changes I made:

- Maxxis Chronicle tires running tubeless
- Deity 50mm riser bars
- Ergon GP1 grips
- Specialized 75mm 24 degree stem
- WTB Saddle
- Crank Bothers Stamp pedals
- MudHugger front fender (had to order this from Europe)
- Haibike MRS adapter so I could add a bottle cage (@mikegs430 you have to order this from Europe and it takes forever to get here, then it's a bit of a pain to install)

After an endless amount of tweaking it's finally done. I think. Really enjoying it and definitely recommend it if it fits your riding needs.

Full-Seven-9-0.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful bike! Haibike has always seemed to have the best graphics and paint jobs going on the ebike market and it really shines on your bike.

PS: As an owner of an older Haibike Full FatSix, I can tell you that you are never done modifying your bike! :)

That little front fender doesn't help much does it? Considering the stripe up the back you will get. LOL

Nice mode indeed! I have the 2018 10.0 with Yamaha and have not done any major mods. Basically riding the bike stock and lovin the way it performs.
The ITB design on yours is much nicer and more streamline than the chunky battery design. I also like the tread pattern on the Maxxis tires. Not as chunky as the downhills which makes me think it is a more multi-purpose all around tire. ;)

Yeah the fender is small but does exactly what I need it to - protects the top of the forks, the bars, shifter, brake levers, display etc. Most importantly though it keeps water and mud out of my face and off the top of my body.

And no stripe! I also have a solution for that, which worked well for sand on the beach yesterday:

Rear-Fender.png

And thanks Bob, yes I had that battery and Yamaha setup on my 2017 FullNine - I like the internal better but the former was much easier to put on and remove.

And yes, I did choose the Maxxis Chronicle because it's a good all around tire, often recommended for bike packing.

Last edited:
Yeah the fender is small but does exactly what I need it to - protects the top of the forks, the bars, shifter, brake levers, display etc. Most importantly though it keeps water and mud out of my face and off the top of my body.

And no stripe! I also have a solution for that, which worked well for sand on the beach yesterday:

Rear-Fender.png

And thanks Bob, yes I had that battery and Yamaha setup on my 2017 FullNine - I like the internal better but the former was much easier to put on and remove.

And yes, I did choose the Maxxis Chronicle because it's a good all around tire, often recommended for bike packing.
A big fan of the "all-around tire" I also like the tread design of the Schwalbe Hurricane Tires another poster recently added to his commuter. I used that similar design for years on my acoustic MTB and they worked out great for the type of riding I was doing.
1588101877953.png

I really like that Hurricane design and I had not seen it until recently. For the right bike and riding situation I would definitely buy it.

Right now this bike is dedicated to soft surface riding, mostly in a jungle-like environment, and I need a more aggressive tire. And with the rainy (muddy) season coming neither will the Chronicle. By June I'll switch to the Maxxis Rekons.

Other interesting "all-around" tires for a mountain bike, though not nearly as suited to street as the Hurricanes, are the Thunder Burt and Smart Sams. They lean much further toward dirt, but if I were to sell the Vado and keep the Haibike as my only bike I'd probably go with one of those.

The Maxxis Pace is great on the street. I have those on my GFs mountain bike.

A lot of cools stuff going on with your bike. I will be copying some of your ideas.

I designed and 3D printed some cable guides for the Haibike. Hit me up if your interested. I got tired of the cables flexing into the tire when the suspension was compressed. I designed 2 sizes to accommodate the brake cable and shift cable.

[email protected]

Attachments

• D4D511FB-619C-4667-9B58-009B9C397221.jpeg
    D4D511FB-619C-4667-9B58-009B9C397221.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 89490131-35FC-4772-8DBB-1FEE5C0F6847.jpeg
    89490131-35FC-4772-8DBB-1FEE5C0F6847.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 490
  • A9ECF596-3191-43AC-BA3B-8E9F7B52179C.jpeg
    A9ECF596-3191-43AC-BA3B-8E9F7B52179C.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 491
  • 0003E021-8E91-4030-B501-728E03E103D2.jpeg
    0003E021-8E91-4030-B501-728E03E103D2.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 484
  • BF3F0FC3-DF60-4398-B977-1BC1851E8674.jpeg
    BF3F0FC3-DF60-4398-B977-1BC1851E8674.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 485
A lot of cools stuff going on with your bike. I will be copying some of your ideas.

I designed and 3D printed some cable guides for the Haibike. Hit me up if your interested. I got tired of the cables flexing into the tire when the suspension was compressed. I designed 2 sizes to accommodate the brake cable and shift cable.

[email protected]
Man that's really cool. I just checked mine and for whatever reason mine only flex above that spanning connector, behind the seat post? What I keep looking at though is that mess of cables at the front. I may try to tame those with some cable ties.

Could you tell me if your bikes sound like the following vid? (This was with the pulley removed) I've determined it's the jockey pulley (the second small "sprocket") but it seems to me it's too loud. One member did tell me his 2016 sounds like that.

I saw a reference on another forum to the possibility that you can move the pulley a few mm either way, so I'm will check that next.

Man that's really cool. I just checked mine and for whatever reason mine only flex above that spanning connector, behind the seat post? What I keep looking at though is that mess of cables at the front. I may try to tame those with some cable ties.

Could you tell me if your bikes sound like the following vid? (This was with the pulley removed) I've determined it's the jockey pulley (the second small "sprocket") but it seems to me it's too loud. One member did tell me his 2016 sounds like that.

I saw a reference on another forum to the possibility that you can move the pulley a few mm either way, so I'm will check that next.

My bike does not sound like that. It sounds like itā€™s rubbing on a metal guide.

Yes, it does sound like that. I haven't had any luck figuring out what it is. Going to see if I can get with Haibike support...

Yes, it does sound like that. I haven't had any luck figuring out what it is. Going to see if I can get with Haibike support...
I also have a Haibike eMTB. I have not had any issues with it for the past year of ownership. Would be interesting to hear what your experience is with them once you contact them. Good luck with that.

Back