Haibike SDURO Full FatSix Review

Ann M.

Alright, folks, here it is! Court's review of the cushy full suspension FatSix Haibike. Powerhouse torque with this motor and a really cool rear suspension that you can dial in while you're riding. Very fast engagement of the Yamaha motor which can be handy climbing a hill from a stop.

https://electricbikereview.com/haibik... The Haibike SDURO Full FatSix is one of the only full suspension fat electric bikes I've seen, quality hardware including 20 speed Shimano Deore XT drivetrain, solid 2 year motor and battery warranty with 5 years on the frame. Powered by the Yamaha mid-drive ebike system with 500 watt motor, Zero Cadence pedal assist, 80 Newton meters of torque to move the tires through soft terrain. Quick release thru-axles front and rear makes transport and maintenance easier, side-slide battery allows the top tube to slope down for lower stand over height, the bike is available in three frame sizes for improved fit across body types. Lower pedal cadence activation ~80 RPM vs. 95 to 100 RPM on the XDURO Haibikes, no shift sensing, large clunky charger, the bike is basically already sold out and might be difficult to find.

As Court points out specifically, big negative is that the Yamaha sduro powerplant cannot produce power when downshifting to make a steep hill. That exact scenario describes my city riding in san francisco. Too bad this otherwise great fatbike is not offered with the bosch (Xduro nomenclature) setup...

If you are comfortable with gear changes already, we are talking a split second. I've got the Sduro hard seven sl. In less time than it takes to say shift and lift you've changed gears right? The amount you need to ease off on pedaling is about an eighth of a pedal rotation in real time.

In the end it is definitely something you'd need to try for yourself. Personally, I rode a Bosch haibike at crazy Lennys and didn't care for it. At the time I already had an easy motion evo snow that I like a lot...I actually thought the Bosch wasn't much different in the ride experience over my easy motion.

My wife liked the sduro, but I didn't think to try it while I was there. When I finally tried her sduro, I ended up buying one myself...could've saved $200 if I had just tried it in person!

As Court points out specifically, big negative is that the Yamaha sduro powerplant cannot produce power when downshifting to make a steep hill. That exact scenario describes my city riding in san francisco. Too bad this otherwise great fatbike is not offered with the bosch (Xduro nomenclature) setup...

Then all you need to do is shift before the hill starts. Like you would with any other bike.

Back