Haibike brake cables rattling inside frame

chipofry

Hi folks

I've got a Xduro Fullseven 2017 5.0 full suspension. The rear brake and gear cables run into the frame and are rattling inside over bumps etc. Tried a few different things but so much movement from the suspension the cables move around alot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Your hearing is better than mine.. I don't hear that.
I guess go to hardware store and buy some rubber o-rings, take cables apart and slip o-rings down cable casing into frame.

Your hearing is better than mine.. I don't hear that.
I guess go to hardware store and buy some rubber o-rings, take cables apart and slip o-rings down cable casing into frame.
My thought exactly! If you can hear the brake hose and plastic coated gear cable over the SES chain system, you must have super powers! My Full Seven is a 2016.

What did you try? Haibikes have removable cable inlets. You could put foam or heat shrink tubing over the housing that is inside the frame.

I think it's possible the cable ties inside the frame are knocking against the edge as you can pull on them and they make the knocking noise, i can't get to them without pulling the whole cables out which I guess is a option. There's a great deal of
What i've tried in the past is just filling the tube with bubblewrap to stop as much movement but slips down after a while.

My solution was to put cable ties every few inches and then don't cut the tails off. Rotate them around the cable. then slowly feed the cables into the frame.. the ties either hold the cable away or up against the frame.. either way the rattling stops. the other way is to Just go faster and let the wind noise drown out all other noises.. this second way has solved the noises non ebikers make when you pass them on the left.

Hi!
Brand new 2019 haibike sduro fullnine 8.0, same rattle here. It's not that annoying to be honest.
I guess these are the things that justify the sometimes double prices of other ebikes brands with the same components.

More annoying I think it's the fact that my brakes are kind of spongy and squeel from the factory.

Took me a long time to get the brakes right. Extra speed and weight if ebike I guess. Finally I purchased xt8020 brakes which are essentially zee brakes with metal pads in back and resin in front. Btw the cable tie idea either works or I stopped worrying about it.

I have an SDURO Trekking 6.0 2018. I've been experiencing the rattling too, and decided to have a look in the lower frame today. Here's where I entered on the downtube side that doesn't have any wires feeding into it:

IMG_7875.jpg

And here's a video from my endoscopic camera:

It does look like there's a loose wire in there. It is possible that's where the rattling is coming from, but I haven't experimented yet to confirm it.

Back