Greetings from Sweden.

Andman

Hello!
I’m 51 years old and waiting for my first e bike. I decided to go for good quality and a minimum of maintenance, so I ordered a Riese & müller Supercharger Rohloff, dual battery and Super moto x tires. I live in the center of Sweden’s second largest town: Gothenburg. I don’t need an e bike to get me to work, just for little trips for fun, and to go to the family’s sommer house 50km north. After too many burglars breaking in to my cars, I got tired of owning a car, since I only use it in the summer months, less than 5000 km annually. So I will try living without a car for a couple of years, depending on my bike and public transportation. I also got arthritis in my knee, so my jogging days are over, but hopefully e biking will get me out for my cardio training. So I have high hope this bike will be a success.

Welcome. Winters are too harsh in Illinois, USA for me to go completely year round on a eBike. I ride Haibikes, I'd say you made a very good choice of bikes. That too many burglars would give me some pause with that high end eBike, so invest in some good security!

Welcome. Winters are too harsh in Illinois, USA for me to go completely year round on a eBike. I ride Haibikes, I'd say you made a very good choice of bikes. That too many burglars would give me some pause with that high end eBike, so invest in some good security!
Thanks!
Yes, I will have to keep it on the balcony, or in my apartment at night, daytime I will probably get another lock, beside the Abus Bordo that comes with the bike. I will also try to hide some kind of GPS tracker.

Welcome. I am a R&M rider too, about two ours every day. I had arthritis in one knee and both hips. I've been riding since February and my joint soreness and stiffness are gone! I hope you have the same result

Last edited:
Welcome from San Mateo, California and soon to be first time e-bike rider riding a Stromer ST1 Platinum. Fortunately winter here just means cooler temperatures and some rain, no snow!

Hello!
I’m 51 years old and waiting for my first e bike. I decided to go for good quality and a minimum of maintenance, so I ordered a Riese & müller Supercharger Rohloff, dual battery and Super moto x tires. I live in the center of Sweden’s second largest town: Gothenburg. I don’t need an e bike to get me to work, just for little trips for fun, and to go to the family’s sommer house 50km north. After too many burglars breaking in to my cars, I got tired of owning a car, since I only use it in the summer months, less than 5000 km annually. So I will try living without a car for a couple of years, depending on my bike and public transportation. I also got arthritis in my knee, so my jogging days are over, but hopefully e biking will get me out for my cardio training. So I have high hope this bike will be a success.
That sounds like great fun and going all in straight from the beginning.;) R&M seems to be high quality. Sounds great to have the range of the dual batteries.
I looked at R&M and Moustache but fell for the seating position and the silent motor of the Specialized Vado. It’s very very silent right now after 200km as it is broken. Waiting for new motor. You may have made a better choice than I did.
Keeping the bike on the balcony has been my alternative for 10 years. If I park the bike(s) in the apartment they’re a bit in the way when watching TV:)

Welcome. I am a R&M rider too, about two ours every day. I had arthritis in one knee and both hips. I've been riding since February and my joint soreness and stiffness are gone! I hope you have the same result
Thanks, it’s very inspiring to read your posts, how fun you have, while getting great health benefits. I hope to be able to post some progress too.

Welcome from San Mateo, California and soon to be first time e-bike rider riding a Stromer ST1 Platinum. Fortunately winter here just means cooler temperatures and some rain, no snow!
Thanks, I have never been in the US, but as I understand it, your part of the country has a nice climate. I live on the west coast of Sweden, and winters here can be anything from freezing snow to rain horizontally. But many people ride their bikes all year anyway.

That sounds like great fun and going all in straight from the beginning.;) R&M seems to be high quality. Sounds great to have the range of the dual batteries.
I looked at R&M and Moustache but fell for the seating position and the silent motor of the Specialized Vado. It’s very very silent right now after 200km as it is broken. Waiting for new motor. You may have made a better choice than I did.
Keeping the bike on the balcony has been my alternative for 10 years. If I park the bike(s) in the apartment they’re a bit in the way when watching TV:)
Sorry about the motor, hope you don’t have to wait too long to get it fixed. I think you too went for top quality. What kind of motor is it on your bike?

Sorry about the motor, hope you don’t have to wait too long to get it fixed. I think you too went for top quality. What kind of motor is it on your bike?
The motor is Brose. It’s German like Bosch but Brose don’t supply a complete system like e.g Bosch or Shimano.

Welcome @Andman . I'm also a Supercharger Rohloff user in Sweden. Mine is used for my daily commute to work which is about 65 km round trip. Wonderful bike.

You had better take a picture from the balcony so that we can all see that the bike will have a proper view of downtown Gotenberg and then when you get the bike it is helpful to take pictures along the way to share here.....

And welcome btw:)

Welcome @Andman . I'm also a Supercharger Rohloff user in Sweden. Mine is used for my daily commute to work which is about 65 km round trip. Wonderful bike.
Thanks, glad to hear you enjoy the bike. Actually I haven’t tried the Rohloff yet, but I tried the nuvinci and the derailleur. I noticed that when I suddenly have to make a stop in the city, I didn’t have the time to down shift, and to shift when accelerating with a e bike, takes some time to get used to. And since the motor cuts off att 25 km/h I didn’t want the extra power loss from the nüvinci. So I hope I will be pleased with the Rohloff.

You had better take a picture from the balcony so that we can all see that the bike will have a proper view of downtown Gotenberg and then when you get the bike it is helpful to take pictures along the way to share here.....

And welcome btw:)
Thanks, I will. Hopefully I will get the bike at the end of the week. Unfortunately I don’t have a great view of the city, but a rather ugly office building across the street, but I promise to publish some pictures anyway.

Hello and Welcome

Outstanding Bike you have chosen. When I wear my Giant out someday I plan on taking a serious look at the Super Charger.

Thanks, yes I have high expectations for my new bike. From what I heard it was supposed to be manufactured this week, and I really hope I can get it next week.

Finally it has arrived, but not with the tires I ordered, but I can get them later on when they have arrived. I must say I’m most pleased with the bike so far. It will probably take some fine tuning in order to adjust the position of the handlebar, to make it the most comfortable position for me. Do you guys use a torque wrench, or do you trust your “feeling” to get it right? I also noticed it takes some time to get used to the Rohloff shifter, it works in the opposite way compared to the Schimano grip shifters I’ve used before. And I have to use a adapter to use my Burley Travoy. EE4A1568-6B33-4A94-A753-F44BE1E6206F.jpeg7013C6EB-463A-49DF-A18F-A18F591ED599.jpegFirst picture “my” street looking east to https://www.goteborg.com/en/skansen-kronan/ Second picture looking West to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Fredrik_Church

Finally it has arrived, but not with the tires I ordered, but I can get them later on when they have arrived. I must say I’m most pleased with the bike so far. It will probably take some fine tuning in order to adjust the position of the handlebar, to make it the most comfortable position for me. Do you guys use a torque wrench, or do you trust your “feeling” to get it right? I also noticed it takes some time to get used to the Rohloff shifter, it works in the opposite way compared to the Schimano grip shifters I’ve used before. And I have to use a adapter to use my Burley Travoy.View attachment 24785View attachment 24786First picture “my” street looking east to https://www.goteborg.com/en/skansen-kronan/ Second picture looking West to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Fredrik_Church

That is a sharp bike and a beautiful street.

Back