Greetings from new e-bike owner in NYC

michal

Region
USA
City
Brooklyn, NY
Hey folks ?

I've been perusing EBR for a little while now, but wanted to take a moment to formerly introduce myself and say thank you! @Court's reviews and all of your posts have been incredibly helpful in my e-bike research.

I got hooked on e-bikes earlier this year when NYC's bike share program introduced pedal assist bikes. Before long, I decided I wanted an e-bike of my own and, after 8 years of riding only bike share bikes, purchased a 2018 Gazelle Arroyo from Propel Bikes in Brooklyn.

Well, it just arrived earlier this week and it's been a blast to ride — I've already ridden 50 miles in my 4 days of owning it. Perhaps the biggest thing for me, though, is the feeling of having a bike of my own. While I've been riding bikes in cities for 8 years, part of me feels like I'm learning how to ride again now that I have my own e-bike to care for and enjoy.

At the end of the day, though, I'm super excited to figure out how to make my Arroyo work best for me, and just ride it as much as I can.

D94F47D9-20DE-47B3-9556-4C187CF5B8F2.jpeg

I travel between Florida and New York Long Island. When I’m up on Long Island I love to ride in the city. I start my rides at Astoria Park in Queens on my recumbent bike. Well I just purchased a rad city step thru that I’m getting this week. Looking forward to the ease of an electric assist when crossing New York City’s bridges and going through the hilly sections in the park.

Back