Green Bike USA?

Has anyone here tried out Green Bike USA's products?

They claim to be makers of America's "Best Selling Electric Bike" - but with that claim it seems very weird I can't find any mention of the company on the forums here at all.

The folder GB-FS5 looks interesting for our needs - and it seems to offer a lot for the price: http://www.greenbikeusa.com

Any thoughts?

They seem to have a few solid reviews on Amazon - but hardly any mentions anywhere else I can find.

Cheers!

- Chris

I've been trolling the forums for over a year now, 1st time I've heard of them. I would steer clear, but that's me.

Watching the video, it seems like a decent (heavy) little bike. The claims to be the best seller and most beloved are preposterous.

There is a Green Bike Kit, which I assume is a Chinese company.

http://www.greenbikekit.com/

They sell folding bikes and the model numbers are similar. It could be a storefront for them, something like that.

Almost any bike under $2000 is from China. Some are fine, some are flawed. The name brand 13AH battery is a huge plus, if verified.

It looks like a month old company with a product that is impressive, on paper. Good luck.

Another low price entry:

http://www.voltbike.ca/voltbike-urban/voltbike-urban-white.html

I am looking forward to receiving 2 of these G5 500's this week. I will comment more later after I have some experience. I shopped around, and this assembly, bells and whistles, and the friendly customer service seem to be better than anything I found out there on the web. I have been searching for months. I was disapointed that this site had not taken them seriously this year. The manual is obviously a foreign translation into English. More later. Thank you.

I am looking forward to receiving 2 of these G5 500's this week. I will comment more later after I have some experience. I shopped around, and this assembly, bells and whistles, and the friendly customer service seem to be better than anything I found out there on the web. I have been searching for months. I was disapointed that this site had not taken them seriously this year. The manual is obviously a foreign translation into English. More later. Thank you.

Stephen, how about an update? I've been looking at these bikes for a year now, and all the customer reviews have been good. I wish Court would review the GB5 500 and/or the GB5 500 fat tire bike.

Nothing wrong with their specs but no Bafang is going to be better than anything found on the web. ;)

Appears to be one of (dozens) small US companies with lower-tier components and parts, shipped from China. Essentially, e-commerce hub. Go to major online store like Upzy and you'll find it there, along with many others.

For a few hundred bucks less you could get the same bike under a different name directly from Aliexpress or Alibaba, though without a US office it will be a pain dealing with returns and repairs.

Stephen, how about an update? I've been looking at these bikes for a year now, and all the customer reviews have been good. I wish Court would review the GB5 500 and/or the GB5 500 fat tire bike.

I bought 2 of the Green Bike USA GB 500'S in May, 2017 & by the end of the year, my wife & I each had over 600 miles on them.
So, do we like them? We love them.
We live in an area with well over 150 miles of canal towpaths and trails. The I & M canal system & the Hennepin canal system in Illinois.
The bikes are awesome! We can easily get 50 miles on a charge. Yes, we pedal continually, but with battery assistance. Sometimes very little, sometimes full on power.
Easily can hit 20 mph without pedaling..at all.
We just retired last year & have found our passion. We ride all the canal systems at least 3 out of 4 seasons.
Can't wait for spring.
We fold these up, stick them in the back of our car and travel to new areas. In 5-10 minutes we can be on the bikes heading down the trail.
Have not had a single problem with either bike. However, goathead thorns can be found along some canal trails. But, I've only had 1 flat in over 600 miles, some of which are quite rough. These bikes handle it well.
I fully recommend these Greenbike USA 500'S. They didn't have the fat tire models when I bought these. They are heavier, but I wouldn't mind having one anyway.
This is also great exercise. I've been a type 1 diabetic for over 35 years due to Agent Orange destroying my pancreas.
Bike riding is excellent for me, especially when my blood sugar levels are running high.

Hi Rosco, I'm sad to hear that we got goat head thorns in Illinois.

Have you done the canal path on Ottawa to Utica? Nice ride?

You bet we have. We've ridden from LaSalle will the way to Morris. Had to stop there. They closed the trail due to work taking place. Our next ride in that area will be from Morris to Channahon.

Any time we ride the canals is a nice ride for us. Some minor things like a fallen tree limb where we just carry the bikes around. Nothing so far has stopped us from getting to our next stop. Spring can't get here soon enough for us.

I bought one of the gb3 models in 2016. They don’t sell this one anymore. It was a 36v 350w bike with the center suspension. I ride it on city streets and gravel bike trails mostly. It has been an excellent bike.

For reference, I also have a 2016 radrover. Im not trying to compare them performance wise as that would be an apples to oranges comparison. What I will say, however, is that I spend significantly more time maintaining the radrover than I do the green bike. The only thing I have had to do to the greenbike is apply a touch of wd40 to the suspension spring as it started squeeking a bit. Problem solved. My only complaint with the greenbike is that the integrated front light does not like it when you fold the bike. Not a good design as folding and unfolding rips the wires. Maybe they have fixed that since I bought mine? My only other complaint is that the different models don’t seem to be interchangeable. The gb3 came with the led display. I wanted to upgrade to a digital version but greenbike told me I couldn’t with the gb3 controller. I was willing to upgrade the controller to the gb5 or 500 but apparently that wasn’t possible either.

Bottom line from my point of view is that if you want something to cruise around on that your are not going to abuse, the greenbike will work great.

I bought one of the gb3 models in 2016. They don’t sell this one anymore. It was a 36v 350w bike with the center suspension. I ride it on city streets and gravel bike trails mostly. It has been an excellent bike.

For reference, I also have a 2016 radrover. Im not trying to compare them performance wise as that would be an apples to oranges comparison. What I will say, however, is that I spend significantly more time maintaining the radrover than I do the green bike. The only thing I have had to do to the greenbike is apply a touch of wd40 to the suspension spring as it started squeeking a bit. Problem solved. My only complaint with the greenbike is that the integrated front light does not like it when you fold the bike. Not a good design as folding and unfolding rips the wires. Maybe they have fixed that since I bought mine? My only other complaint is that the different models don’t seem to be interchangeable. The gb3 came with the led display. I wanted to upgrade to a digital version but greenbike told me I couldn’t with the gb3 controller. I was willing to upgrade the controller to the gb5 or 500 but apparently that wasn’t possible either.

Bottom line from my point of view is that if you want something to cruise around on that your are not going to abuse, the greenbike will work great.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Green Bike.
We now have about 1,500 miles on each of our GB 500's with no problems at all. 95% of all those miles are on canal towpath trails, too. Only 1 flat in all this miles is amazing, as well.

Purchased a bike Sept2020 from Greenbikes USA. While the bike is a good product buyers should be warned that after the sell the company will not return calls or emails. This issue is voiced on other forums. Since Sept have put over put over 600 miles on bike. Since the company will not respond to calls or email have used a local bike shop and utube to fix issues.. This lack of communication raises concerns on how they will deal with warranty issues. It is sad that Greenbikes USA sells a nice bike then has such lousy after sale service. Note while they are not members of the BBB or local Chamber I have sent an advisory to them and posted concerns on other forums.

Back