Gotta a feelin' 21is gonna be a good year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

And you know what comes next. The Who will be wrong this time.

For 2021 to be a better year a lot of people will have to set aside their differences & look for common
ground & common causes. C-19, of course, must be a common cause as it has no respect for political view points.
What is perhaps most necessary is to first establish respect for common decency & dispel the accumulated
rage of the past 4 years. This country is in shambles, we are all effected in spite of ethnic or economic circumstance.
The participation of every American, rich or poor, will be essential if there is to be any progress at all.

For 2021 to be a better year a lot of people will have to set aside their differences & look for common
ground & common causes. C-19, of course, must be a common cause as it has no respect for political view points.
What is perhaps most necessary is to first establish respect for common decency & dispel the accumulated
rage of the past 4 years. This country is in shambles, we are all effected in spite of ethnic or economic circumstance.
The participation of every American, rich or poor, will be essential if there is to be any progress at all.
Of course saying this is considerably easier said than done. It will probably require many ´difficult´ changes of heart
& may need just a little judicial encouragement.🙄

Last edited:
We act like this country has never been divided. It has always been. How we managed to get a constitution was to kick the big disagreements "can" down the road to deal with at a later time, and have been dealing with those same disagreements ever since. What I see for the New Year's to come is the same as new years past. We the People keep beating the crap out of each other while the drama queens in Washington conjure up new ways to keep us divided. eBikes and Road tripping. For whatever reason, that's beyond me, people we meet are cool. No politics, no issues, just information. Ahhhhh :)

The difference is that the assault weapons ban kept privately owned arsenals to a minimum. Not any more. Civil War 2.0 is inevitable and that’s not a constitutional kick the can issue. It’s a human condition issue.
True, but they also didn't have location tracking or Drones with someones pre-programed basement coordinates. :)

I started this thread on New Year's Day to wish everyone a good new year. Not just the ones who agree with me. It had ZERO to do with politics. In the past year I've lost several people in my life to this pandemic, the most recent was just a week and a half ago. People talk about politics as tough it was a sport, as though if you lose I win. If my neighbor loses I lose too. Half the people in this country vote for a person or a party that lost in every election. They are your neighbors, friends, co workers and even family members.

I hope everyone has a better year this year than many of us had last year. Political threads will ruin this forum. I think I'll have to hit the ignore thread button for my own thread.

People talk about politics as tough it was a sport, as though if you lose I win. If my neighbor loses I lose too. Half the people in this country vote for a person or a party that lost in every election. They are your neighbors, friends, co workers and even family members.

I hope everyone has a better year this year than many of us had last year. Political threads will ruin this forum. I think I'll have to hit the ignore thread button for my own thread.
Here here, sage advice. My condolences for your losses 😔

Hearing the stories of others - their lived experience - does wonders for repairing broken bridges.

May 2021 bring a little more listening and a lot less shouting at.

We've had some covid losses too. I haven't seen any friends or relatives for nine months. Good grief, I had to cut my wife's hair last week. It's a good thing she cannot see the back.

But I am looking forward to the skies lightening up. Vaccine is coming. Hopefully, we hold out. You all take care. The new boss will be way better too.

We've had some covid losses too. I haven't seen any friends or relatives for nine months. Good grief, I had to cut my wife's hair last week. It's a good thing she cannot see the back.

But I am looking forward to the skies lightening up. Vaccine is coming. Hopefully, we hold out. You all take care. The new boss will be way better too.
Another Who reference, I love it. New boss same as the old boss!!

I started this thread on New Year's Day to wish everyone a good new year. Not just the ones who agree with me. It had ZERO to do with politics. In the past year I've lost several people in my life to this pandemic, the most recent was just a week and a half ago. People talk about politics as tough it was a sport, as though if you lose I win. If my neighbor loses I lose too. Half the people in this country vote for a person or a party that lost in every election. They are your neighbors, friends, co workers and even family members.

I hope some if not all of those people you'll see again someday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back