Goodbye to WattWagons & Helios

The fact is it’s not just Pushkar who is dealing with delays. Some of the first buyers of the Sondors Rockstar went through similar issues. Multiple emails explaining delays with shipping etc. After about ten months some buyers finally started getting their bikes. I completely get the frustration over the delays but give the guy a chance to make good on the refund request before throwing him under the bus. That’s all I’m saying.

Cuz, you got your bike. You don't seem to understand what happened here to the Founders, through no fault of Pushkar's other than an unfortunate lack of communication. When the news came, it hit people hard. You ordered your bike in the fall and are riding it. A lot of us ordered, and paid in full, 15 months ago, waited and were told to keep waiting, just to now find out that it's not happening and we are at square one. This is not Covid delays. Pushkar seems on the up and up, but the OP just said he asked for a refund and will track it here for all our info. What's wrong with that?

Cuz, you got your bike. You don't seem to understand what happened here to the Founders, through no fault of Pushkar's other than an unfortunate lack of communication. When the news came, it hit people hard. You ordered your bike in the fall and are riding it. A lot of us ordered, and paid in full, 15 months ago, waited and were told to keep waiting, just to now find out that it's not happening and we are at square one. This is not Covid delays. Pushkar seems on the up and up, but the OP just said he asked for a refund and will track it here for all our info. What's wrong with that?
Because Pushkar should be given a reasonable amount of time to issue a refund before throwing him under the bus on a public forum. Posts like this can have a negative impact on his business which IMO isn’t cool especially if a refund is issued as the OP requested. People are so quick nowadays to make negative posts on forums before actually trying to work it out with the vendor first. This post is BS especially since as you pointed out its of no fault of Pushkar’s.

People are quick nowadays to make negative posts?!? LOL. It's been 15 months of lots of conflicting info, and the founders have been uber patient. I remember you bugging him nonstop for a tracking number. Again, you got your bike so you are happy. You really don't know jack about this situation. I believe Pushkar will do the right thing, but there is nothing wrong with keeping his feet to the fire. Besides, like I said before, no one was thrown under the bus. The dude asked for a refund and just said he would post the developments here. If all goes as it should, then no problem.

My 2 cents. Who cares? The OP is upset, deservedly so, he ordered a bike, didn't get it, and now has to wait for a refund. This is a business transaction, you pay for something, you want it, now to be told after waiting a long time for a bike you will never get, that you now have to wait for a refund is frustrating. Wattwagons isn't a charity. Dealing with disappointed customers is part of running a business. Pushkar, a very impressive guy, can handle it I'm sure. I don't think we need to get overly emotional in defense of Pushkar because a customer is upset.

People are quick nowadays to make negative posts?!? LOL. It's been 15 months of lots of conflicting info, and the founders have been uber patient. I remember you bugging him nonstop for a tracking number. Again, you got your bike so you are happy. You really don't know jack about this situation. I believe Pushkar will do the right thing, but there is nothing wrong with keeping his feet to the fire. Besides, like I said before, no one was thrown under the bus. The dude asked for a refund and just said he would post the developments here. If all goes as it should, then no problem.
Yes I got my bike and yes I’m riding it. However what people don’t know, mainly because I chose not to post about it, was that it was damaged in shipping by FedEx. It took a good whack in the rear and the derailleur, derailleur hanger and cassette were bent. I contacted Pushkar privately and he’s sending me new parts. No need to get anyone else involved and no forum post needed. I worked it out with him directly, offline. All I’m saying is if people are tired of waiting, which I completely understand, contact Pushkar privately and request a refund. Don’t put it on a public forum without giving him a fair chance to respond.

Shipping is another hurdle Pushkar had to overcome. My bikes came through RL carriers with the boxes in perfect condition. I have enough egg crate foam to make a futon now.

My wife is big on as little waste as possible in life, and even I wish there was no waste. But hey, if that's what it takes...

We then get it down to our local ups store for reuse in shipping. They love it, it costs them a lot to buy.

I think the downside of running an OPM business model is rearing its ugly head. Its not just Watt wagon or Pushkar. I get the sense that the whole eBike distribution platform is based on the OPM. Your "brand" needs your money so they can give a factory a big enough order. Anyway, it will eventually sort itself out and the well capitalized will rule the roost.

What I find concerning is that Pushkar use to post multiple times a day here, he hasn't made a single post in 10 days now; did something happen?

I get really tired of people using social media and forums to bully a company into action, or quicker action. If you didn't expect delays, you didn't pay any attention to all the news coming out about supply issues and a world turned inside out by the pandemic.

Again, here we go with the uninformed commentary. Please understand that this is more than a Covid delay. Most orders for this bike were placed before Covid-related supply chain issues were even a thing. We're talking 15 months+. And what caused this delay was essentially corporate theft, not a supply chain issue. There have been real communication problems for the founders waiting for this bike. Did you even read this thread? So, you know what I get really tired of? People jumping into something from left field without actual knowledge spouting off.

I waited in a huge line for the “Pirates of the Caribbean”only to find that the ride is closed for maintenance.. So I tread through ankle deep water in a $12.00 rain poncho to another line at the Haunted Mansion. Not exactly what I had planned, but hey it's air conditioned !.. Welcome to Disney World, fireworks start at 9 PM.

Again, here we go with the uninformed commentary. Please understand that this is more than a Covid delay. Most orders for this bike were placed before Covid-related supply chain issues were even a thing. We're talking 15 months+. And what caused this delay was essentially corporate theft, not a supply chain issue. There have been real communication problems for the founders waiting for this bike. Did you even read this thread? So, you know what I get really tired of? People jumping into something from left field without actual knowledge spouting off.
Based on experience or just repeating an anecdote? I buy significant parts from China and two sea containers were stuck offshore waiting for their turn in port. Some go back into June. We had NONE of these issues pre covid. China was on lockdown.

Back