GoCycle shipping

OldGuy

Ordered a bike. The web site says normally shipped in 24 hours. It actually took four days.

Today I received an email congratulating me for their having shipped it, but it contained No tracking information, which is amazing.

The bike did ship, and Gocycle Customer Service indicated that this was because it shipped from an east coast bike shop, instead from the Gocycle warehouse, because it was a used demo bike. Due here in a couple of days - I'm excited.

Last edited:
Not just that -- if it needs a repair at any point, if you're in the US it might need to be shipped to Minnesota, and during that process it may obtain further damage. My local shop shipped it to MN for a repair on a wire for the rear light mount and it came back with a busted phone mount, shifter, and right brake. Had to ship it back to MN again and received it back still damaged. Ultimately they had to ship me an entirely new bike. But this second one has been rock solid for several months of ~20 miles / day.

Well, I received the demo G3 today, and the scratches mentioned are pretty minimal, so I'm pleased. Everything is fully functional, and I had no issues with the registration process.
There are some small bits missing, but I've contacted Customer Service to see if they will ship me the missing parts (shocklock, phone mounts, wheel security screws, hubcap).
So far, so good.

I'm liking it a lot. Gocycle has been good about replacing the missing small parts that weren't in the box, and I'm loving the bike, with only a couple of issues: I find it annoying that it takes a couple of crank turns before the boost comes on, and the 375Wh battery is not large. (this is comparing to previous Specialized Turbo - a heavy brute of a bike with no suspension)

That said, the G3 is quite a nice bike to ride, and after a couple of years off due to bursitis, I'm really looking forward to the increased mobility of tossing the bike in my car, going someplace to explore on the Gocycle, and then using the car again for the steep 600-foot climb to home.

Bottom line: nice bike, but I wouldn't want to pay the original $4500 retail price for it.

Back