Giant Trance E+ 3 Pro energypak not charging

strongsnz

Hi there,
My Trance E+ 3 Pro energypak isn’t charging, any ideas? It doesn‘t charge at all via the smart charger, plugged either directly into the bike or when the battery is removed. The LED light on the smart charger is briefly green when I turn it on, but within a second goes red and stays red. It should be flashing green. The white LEDs on the energypak should be on, but they are off.
I’ve searched online forums and websites, and there’s no mention of this problem.
Cheers

Update: it's possible the Smart Charger won't 'go green' if the battery til the battery is below 90%. Makes sense, I normally ride 20 miles, hit 50%, recharge that night. The Giant website/manual is stiff, could do a much more transparent explanation of FAQs. 960 miles on a 2021 Trance X E, new chain, and rear tire today, otherwise it's' a game changer!
Trance Corner Canyon.jpg

Update to the update! Rode it, got the battery down to 90%, green light comes on with the Giant Smart Charger 2021 brick model. Love this forum for giving me solutions, can you imagine if the Giant Support team would chime in here? Service/Support matter a ton to the e rider that is paying big bucks, in good faith. I realize local bike shops are hurting post Covid, time to re focus on true customer support as in a few years they will be sitting pretty with inventory, parts and a whole new e mtb ballgame as the USA wakes up to Euro brands coming here.
Mineral e bike heaven aug 2020.jpg

Back