Giant Trance E+1 2019

MichaelCL

Received my bike in late September. According to Giant website, the motor is supposed to provide assist in the 2 lower assist modes up 110 rpm and 120 rpm in the top 3 assist modes. However the motor cuts out at 100 rpms in all 5 assist modes. the LBS and I have talked to Giant several times and they have not resolved the issue. The LBS checked everything with dongle software from Giant and everything checks out ok. Any help or info on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,502
  • IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 555
I have the same bike a you and have noticed a drop in power as the cadence increases...I assume because I was hitting the 110-120 range. From my experience with gym bikes, which tell you what cadence you are doing, it seemed about right. How are you measuring your cadence?
Do you think the problem is just with your bike or do you think all E-Trances have this same issue?

I have the same bike a you and have noticed a drop in power as the cadence increases...I assume because I was hitting the 110-120 range. From my experience with gym bikes, which tell you what cadence you are doing, it seemed about right. How are you measuring your cadence?
Do you think the problem is just with your bike or do you think all E-Trances have this same issue?
Measuring cadence with the giant RideControl app. Bike shop confirmed loosing assist at 100 rpm in all 5 assist levels. Was informed today giant will be sending a new motor.

Very odd considering the diagnostic checked out ok, and I assume your software was up to date. Might check mine out...

Back