Giant TRANCE X E+ 3 PRO 29 2021 Motor installation

Justin Curtis

Region
Other
City
Poznań, Poland
Hi all! I'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with my Giant TRANCE X E+ 3 PRO 29 2021 SYNCDRIVE PRO, which I love when it's working....
The problem is, I had to replace the motor bolts holding the motor in the frame and now I can't seem to get the motor back in fully, so I can't install the bolts.
At present, only the 2 bolts at the back of the motor are in place. I've tried as much as possible to push some cables in the seat post hole, but still missing around 3mm.
I've inverted the back but still not happening. I don't want to force the motor, in case any cables get squashed; it's an absolute nightmare!!
And I don't want to use a hammer for example, in fear of damaging something.
Who ever designed this should be shot, not user friendly at all! My wife has an older Raleigh Ebike and there are no issues whatsoever, loads of space and plugs for the motor!

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the motor back in easily?
@Stefan Mikes Would you maybe have some idea as I know you and your brother have a lot of experience?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the motor back in easily?
@Stefan Mikes Would you maybe have some idea as I know you and your brother have a lot of experience?
Why do not do your repairs via an authorized Giant store, Justin?
My brother could certainly help. The trouble is he is over 300 km away from you.

Why do not do your repairs via an authorized Giant store, Justin?
My brother could certainly help. The trouble is he is over 300 km away from you.
Hi Stefan. To be honest, it was my own fault because I rounded the heads of the bolts which hold the motor in place. So, I will try again and if I don't succeed, I will take it to a nearby Giant store.

Back