Giant Road E+ review and questions

Wow, this thread has given me pause, especially reading Giantbadge’s saga of mishaps with his Road-E + Pro. I’ve been considering this bike, but now I’m concerned about Giant’s quality control.

It appears that the biggest issues with this bike have little to do with its electrical system or motor, and more about the bike itself— or, wheel bearings, head tube quality, overall creaking. Are Giant bikes in general plagued by these issues? I always thought Giant was considered a decent brand.

Are there others on this forum using the 2029 Road-E+ Pro with no issues? Or should this model be red-flagged, so to speak?
2029 model hasn't arrive yet maybe in 9 years

30 months on (how time flies) and my 2018 model has now covered 11,246 miles , I just love this amazing bike so much! Its not perfect but what great fun it has been and I hope it continues to be, it sure has made life so much more enjoyable!

I have a CDN 2018 that appears to be the same as the US2019 model. I only have around 1000 miles on but have had no issues with the original components from giant. The bike rides great on the paved trails curves etc and the only issue I had was dragging the odd pedal on sharp corners. It has taken a bit to get used to leaving the inside foot up and not pedaling through sharp corners. I have installed a dongle to allow assistance above 20 mph and the motor is very powerful. Longest ride to date has been 60 miles and battery was at 40% on return.
What is this dongle you speak of?

Ditto on satisfaction with E+2 Explorer. 8000 kms and enjoying it more every time out. With respect to second sprocket up front, of no value UNTIL you run out of juice. As mentioned, this is one heavy bitch of a bike when not under E power. However having the smaller sprocket up front really helps when you are trying to get home on a dead battery.

Ditto on satisfaction with E+2 Explorer. 8000 kms and enjoying it more every time out. With respect to second sprocket up front, of no value UNTIL you run out of juice. As mentioned, this is one heavy bitch of a bike when not under E power. However having the smaller sprocket up front really helps when you are trying to get home on a dead battery.
I, on the other hand, love the smaller sprocket. Having it allows me to climb in a lower gear and lower power assist, with less battery depletion, thus increasing my range. Granted, that means I’m not flying up the hills, but my legs get the workout I used to enjoy on my acoustic road and touring bikes.

Back