Giant Quick-E + can you use it in the rain

Gazza1977

Hi there.

Giant Quick-E + can you use it in the rain.

Wondering if the rain would do any damage to the motor or electronics and if this would void the Giant 2 year warranty?
Thanks, Gary Cape Town South Africa.

I don't have experience with your particular bike, however, LBS told me there's no need to worry about rain unless you're leaving your e-bike outside in heavy rain for extended periods of time (e.g. a whole day) or you're submerging it in water.

I don't have experience with your particular bike, however, LBS told me there's no need to worry about rain unless you're leaving your e-bike outside in heavy rain for extended periods of time (e.g. a whole day) or you're submerging it in water.

Thanks a lot, makes sense will be a little rain on way home for short period, say 20 to 30 minutes.

A few months back we were on a mtb holiday and it absolutely bucketed down for a few days - so I rode my full e pro (2018 giant) in HEAVY rain and mud - apart from trashing the chain, it also got a little bit of condensation under the screen - still works fine .I have no concerns riding in the rain

A few months back we were on a mtb holiday and it absolutely bucketed down for a few days - so I rode my full e pro (2018 giant) in HEAVY rain and mud - apart from trashing the chain, it also got a little bit of condensation under the screen - still works fine .I have no concerns riding in the rain
Thanks for the awesome feedback, much appreciated.

If you stay out of big downpours and large puddles it should be fine.

The really important points are:

Do NOT clean your bike with a pressure hose.

Do not use any form of soap or cleaning product around the bearing areas. This is really important as it will accentuate the loosening of the bearings. Your bike is better off left dirty!!!
Thanks, great points, learning a lot from the experienced riders, gurus on this awesome electric bike forum.

Back