Gen 1 motors support?

tompat

Has Bosch finally dropped the support for the Gen 1 systems?
Local bike shop told a customer with a Scott E-Venture 2012 that they can no longer do diagnostics or maintenance on the Bosch system.
@Chris Nolte might know?

Has Bosch finally dropped the support for the Gen 1 systems?
Local bike shop told a customer with a Scott E-Venture 2012 that they can no longer do diagnostics or maintenance on the Bosch system.
@Chris Nolte might know?
The Gen 1 system was never actually available by Bosch in the US. We started with Gen 2. Was this in the US or somewhere else?

The Gen 1 system was never actually available by Bosch in the US. We started with Gen 2. Was this in the US or somewhere else?
If Bosch was still offering support for Gen 1 which wasn’t available in the US they would still service a gen 1 motor from the US, for a fee ofcourse. They wouldn’t refuse service.

If I was said customer I would probably put some pressure on the brand that offered the bike in the US. Really Urban Arrow was one of the only ones here before Gen 2, but I think the quantities were limited.

Thanks both of you. I didn't realise the Gen 1 never was offered in the US. :)
The Gen 2 were announced in August 2012 and if it true what Bosch declared earlier, that they will provide support for systems minimum for 7 years after production is dropped, then the Gen 1 systems have passed this 7 year limit last year.

Found a Urban Arrow video från 2012 and it shows they didn't use the Bosch system at that time, it seems to be a simpler front hub motor system (mho a recipe for disaster on a two-wheeled cargo bike..)

Last edited:
Back