Gel Seat Cover for Rad Mini StepThru 2?

newbert

Can anyone recommend a padded seat cover that would fit the saddle that comes with the Rad Mini Step Thru 2? Looking to soften my ride a bit in the easiest way possible.

I came across this one on Amazon, but it says that it only fits 11"x7" seats. The seat on the Mini Step Thru appears to be 10"x8".

Thanks!
Bert

I bought a similar thing when I started riding 4 years ago. Even at that price, it's a waste of money. A great saddle is critical and the perfect thing to buy at a local bicycle shop. If you don't want to go out, just buy a better rated saddle at Amazon.

I appreciate the feedback, Rich. But, as of now I don't want to go out to my local bike shop. Therefore, until such time that I'm ready to go to my shop to explore quality saddles, I'm looking online for the simplest solution which, to me, is still a gel seat cover.

Thanks again!

So - does anyone know of one that would fit the Mini Step-Thru's seat?

its not a padded seat cover you need you need bike that fits you right. those covers are not going to be solid.

Consider a suspension seatpost, such as the Suntour Rad sells. I got one with my Radmini4, and love it. Combined with 20-25psi in the tires, I find it VERY COMFORTABLE over bumps. Now, that said, after 20 miles my butt is getting sore from the "too soft" stock seat, so I replaced it with a Stella SMP seat, which is much better. I have always found that "soft" seats, which can feel like a comfortable sofa at first, compress and get very uncomfortable over distance. On my road bike I have a Brooks Cambium 15 saddle, and my butt has NEVER gotten sore on that, and I've ridden it up to 50 miles at a time. The ONLY reason I went with the Stella instead of a Brooks on the mini was a CHEAP opportunity to buy it.

I would also check into padded bike shorts as another inexpensive solution with or without the seat cover.

The best long term solution would be a suspension seatpost and picking a seat that fits you for your body and riding style. I went with Cloud-9 11.5X12.5 cruiser seat and Bodyfloat v2.0 400mm suspension seatpost for my Radrover. I like the large Cloud-9 because I sit more on my butt cheeks area compared to getting hammered in the "sensitive parts" with a smaller seat.

Back