Gain D40 - No power

Gmac

Hi everyone, received my Orbea Gain D40 yesterday, put it all together, charged it up to 100%, downloaded the Ebikemotion app and paired the bike in EBM mode. So far so good. Switched on, no faults, cycled through the assistance modes. All good. Ride the bike. Zero power and no motor rpm. All connections good, magnet and sensor distance in spec. HRM mode disabled. Totally at a loss. Any help welcome!

Hi Gmac, fellow gain owner here. Some of my suggestions may sound obvious, but the instuctions for the iwoc modes are not the best.
I assume when pairing the assistance levels were showing in the app. 0,1,2,3 if so good start. Though a connection issue despite them all being checked would seem the obvious fault.
On my version I only have the iwoc 1 controller on the bike and you cycle through the levels, starts at switch on at level 1 green, quick press it flashes, another quick press while flashing, moves it to the next level 2 amber, same again to 3 red and back down to 0 no assistance which is white. The level zero, no assistance can be confused with full charge as they are both white, comparing with the level on the app will confirm what level status you should be in.
Assuming the levels are showing correctly, the engine section of the app should show 100% from the factory for each level. However this may have been inadvertantly set to zero so no assistance. This would be strange but a possability.
Another problem is it may have been in demo mode. This only alows a certain amount of milage to be put on the bike before it cuts the power. This needs the dealer to deactivate I think, but others may be able to confirm if this is the case.
Another trick may be to reset the system. You do this by holding down the iwoc button at switch on for 30 sec. This certainly works for several minor faults such as connection to the app or the odd not switching level malfunction, so may be worth a try.
Frustrating for you, but once sorted you will love it so please persevere.

Thanks for the response @TouchingCloth (maybe I should’ve titled this “clutching straws”)? I’ve ridden a Gain 30 so am up to speed with the iWoc1 control and the (slightly confusing) way it cycles through the modes. I have put it in Red and it confirms level 3 in the app so I’m pretty sure it’s all ok. I think the demo mode shows different flashing colours on the iWoc so it’s not that. For the reset, when the bike has been “on” I’ve just pressed the iWoc for 30 seconds and it doesn’t seem to do anything other than just a normal shutdown when you take your finger off the button. So I think I’ve tried everything you’ve suggested and have spent hours on the internet trawling through various forums etc (this one is the best) 😊. I hate to say it’s going to have to go back to Cycle Solutions

Hi Gmac, sorry it was of no use, I'm no expert and just reeling off the various anomalies I've suffered or come across on the forums. I dont think the experts will have much of a clue if the app is not showing a fault code they can follow. Heres hoping its a quick fix or a straight forward replacement

Bike returned and replacement sent very quickly (well done Cycle Solutions - but if they'd properly checked it pre-delivery in the first place.....). Changed tyres out for 38mm ramblers and have now done a good 250kms on the bike mostly off road, forest trails, a little easy single track and on beaches. Absolutely great fun and the battery lasts for the majority of a day mucking around. Great bike.

Bike being returned to Orbea in Spain....
Hi there. I've got exactly the same problem but with a Gain D40 which has done 2,000 miles. It's currently with a dealer who is in communication with Orbea. Did you ever find out what was the cause of the problem?

Hi - just posting on a slightly old thread here as my Gain F40 has been great for about 4 years (albeit needing a freehub replacement and some spoke strengthening a while back), but literally last night the power to the wheels just stopped. Morning commute fine, evening commute nothing. Knackered cycling home! Bettery stayed on same level all the way. All controls working. Battery charging fine. Checked the connections, sensor positioning, sensor magnets clean/clear...have now contacted my brilliant LBS who have immediately contacted Mahle...

Back