Gain d40 help

Aubreyyr

Region
United Kingdom
Hi
I’ve just bought an orbea gain d40 and done about 100+ miles (on one charge) and so far so good. However I have a question regarding the 15.5mph motor cutout that I’m hoping you can answer for me.
Am I correct in thinking, this is specifically on a flat piece of road, if I go over 15.5 mph that the motor stops assisting and it’s me doing the work 100%, for instance I’m doing 24mph then it’s all me, rather than the motor assisting for 15.5mph and me picking up the additional 8.5mph.
Thanks in advance 👍

Hi
I’ve just bought an orbea gain d40 and done about 100+ miles (on one charge) and so far so good. However I have a question regarding the 15.5mph motor cutout that I’m hoping you can answer for me.
Am I correct in thinking, this is specifically on a flat piece of road, if I go over 15.5 mph that the motor stops assisting and it’s me doing the work 100%, for instance I’m doing 24mph then it’s all me, rather than the motor assisting for 15.5mph and me picking up the additional 8.5mph.
Thanks in advance 👍
Hello, your understanding is correct. In my case, I use an American version X35 that cuts at 20 mph and I have verified the cutting speed in different conditions.

This is correct. The Mahle XX35 system suddenly cuts off at 15.5mph. There is a dongle you can fit that eliminates this and assists to the maximum speed the motor can drive which is greater than 15.5mph. Google X35 speed tune dongle and start looking there. There is a manufacturer in Australia that makes it. Hope this helps

Back