gain battery losing watts

wolfrun

hi guys ,I have a 2019 gain d50 and have enjoyed riding it immensely, but im worried about how fast the battery is losing watts ,after 800 miles it went from 244.4 watts to 236. then today after riding until the battery was flat it dropped ten watts to 226 ,is this normal or do I have a problem I understand battery's wear out but ten watts in one ride seems excessive

hi guys ,I have a 2019 gain d50 and have enjoyed riding it immensely, but im worried about how fast the battery is losing watts ,after 800 miles it went from 244.4 watts to 236. then today after riding until the battery was flat it dropped ten watts to 226 ,is this normal or do I have a problem I understand battery's wear out but ten watts in one ride seems excessive

Shouldn't really be riding it til flat. Ideally down around 20% and only charging up to 80%ish unless using it immediately, then 100% is fine. The temperature that the bike is stored at will also have a long term effect on the battery life.

hi thanks for reply ,I have never ridden it before until it was flat this was first time ,its kept in my bike cave so never gets to zero or too hot ,I normal charge to 80 percent unless I'm riding a long way just wondered if others were seeing this type of loss or it needs to go back

also according to app range at new was 46 miles and now at 36

Don't understand that range of 46 miles. My Gain is just over a year old, it's done shy of 3000 miles, predicted range on a full battery is around 90 miles. Last ride outside (I'm isolating) was 31 miles, 1756 feet of climbing, average speed was 16mph battery usage 39% I'm 6 feet and weigh 156lbs.

Don't understand that range of 46 miles. My Gain is just over a year old, it's done shy of 3000 miles, predicted range on a full battery is around 90 miles. Last ride outside (I'm isolating) was 31 miles, 1756 feet of climbing, average speed was 16mph battery usage 39% I'm 6 feet and weigh 156lbs.
Can I ask what your battery is at after those miles

It's a 250WH battery. Puny at best. I have a similar battery it never performs well after 500miles.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the price for having the internal battery replaced by an Orbea dealer? Although I love having an internal battery in terms of looks, I know it's going to be expensive to replace and is best done by a dealer not just because of the work involved but because I'm assuming it needs to be entered into the Orbea Dealer App in order to function correctly.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the price for having the internal battery replaced by an Orbea dealer? Although I love having an internal battery in terms of looks, I know it's going to be expensive to replace and is best done by a dealer not just because of the work involved but because I'm assuming it needs to be entered into the Orbea Dealer App in order to function correctly.

Correct Sol, and also requires dealer tools.

Love to know that too - seems incredibly difficult to find out.
In London my local Orbea dealer told me Orbea would not give a price for a replacement internal battery .......when I contacted Orbea myself for the price I was redirected back to the dealer ......

Love to know that too - seems incredibly difficult to find out.
In London my local Orbea dealer told me Orbea would not give a price for a replacement internal battery .......when I contacted Orbea myself for the price I was redirected back to the dealer ......
Geez. They better figure something out since the first Gain models are getting to the point where a battery replacement will be necessary.

Back