Front tire conversion not working

nickoftime

Region
USA
Hello, I have an ebike that I wanted to get more range out of it. So I installed a new front motor (1500w 48v) on my fat tire 750w 48v rear fat tire ebike. It all seemed to work before I installed. But when I installed and tried hooking up that battery the display screen will not light up. I checked all of the connections and it seems ok. I read that the sparks are a natural occurrence when connecting the battery. As a novice I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Hello, I have an ebike that I wanted to get more range out of it. So I installed a new front motor (1500w 48v) on my fat tire 750w 48v rear fat tire ebike. It all seemed to work before I installed. But when I installed and tried hooking up that battery the display screen will not light up. I checked all of the connections and it seems ok. I read that the sparks are a natural occurrence when connecting the battery. As a novice I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.
Some batteries have on/off switches, make sure it is in the on position.Installing another new front motor will not give you more range, only a second battery will increase the range. Yes , it is normal that it sparks when you connect a battery to the controller. On my display screens I have to press the on button 3 to 4 seconds until
the screen lights up. How did you check that it works before you installed it ? Do you have two batteries ?

when(and if) you get an error code,check and see everything is connected( took me awhile to realize what the 'handle" error represented

Back