Front fender vibration.

cpd515

My front fender vibrates loudly between 11.5 and 13 mph. All hardware on the fender is tight. Any ideas?

My front fender vibrates loudly between 11.5 and 13 mph. All hardware on the fender is tight. Any ideas?

Yeah, that has been discussed in the XP known problem thread I believe. The welds on the fender and bracket are a little shaky if I remember correctly. I was finally able to fix mine by securing the connection with the fender, light, etc but the fender has been removed since I gave it to my son and he changed out the front suspension...

i used a small rubber strip to sandwich the fender against. loosen the bolt shove in the rubber and shove back and tighten. if that make cense.
I also had the fender vibration start after 250 miles. When I saw this thread, I looked for a rubber or soft plastic piece to use as a washer. I cut out pieces from an old smartphone cover, & drilled holes in the pieces to match the 1 bolt and 2 screws that directly attached the fender to the bike. Took it out for a long ride today; vibration sounds are gone.

Hi folks!
I fished black shrink tube up and around the chrome wire, the width of the fenders. Then painted the remaining chrome rod a flat black ..
Perfect!
Cheers!

Back