Frey's new 2021 model

My Frey AM 1000 battery is partially integrated actually. It goes into the down tube from the side as well as sticking up a bit. I actually prefer this design. The fully integrated (buried) battery down tube is just too massive to my eye.
Is it a Reention battery ?

Yesterday Frey posted on their Facebook page the dates for the release of the new model. Both events will take place on the Frey Facebook account.
Screenshot_2021-01-19-08-12-47-209_com.facebook.katana.jpg

We understand not everyone is on Facebook, it is difficult to choose a platform that will cater to all customers globally and at a reasonable time due to time differences. There will be a video of the event which will be released shortly after the event which we share on various channels.

We understand not everyone is on Facebook, it is difficult to choose a platform that will cater to all customers globally and at a reasonable time due to time differences. There will be a video of the event which will be released shortly after the event which we share on various channels.
How about YouTube , everybody has access and you dont need to register and give all personal information to see it . Facebook is a form of government in my opinion and that little clown that runs it is it's Czar.

No, it's a totally different battery design that uses much wider box.

It is possible to build a 52v HT battery though.

Just checked out the electrek piece and honestly I just don't get this bike. Coil shock and different geometry, ok. But the monster battery and 60V controller are silly if you ask me. If Frey didn't have time to give the innotrace controller a proper look how did they find the time to waste working with bafang on a 60V controller? I think most would prefer a significantly more efficient and smoother (innotrace) controller than throw more volts, battery and weight at an already unrefined and inefficient bafang controller.

ETA: I guess I shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion they worked with Bafang on the 60V controller, so maybe it will be a lot smoother and more efficient. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess. I am a big fan of big battery's, more range not so much more power. What's would be the config on that? 60v/24.5ahr would be maybe (7c x 16p). 7 x 3.7v = 24.5, 16c x 3.7v = 59.2v. Thats 112 batteries equivalent to a 28 air 52v battery now. Im runing 140 batteries on my ride at 52v tomato, tomato.
New ideas are what push the advancement of any sport. A stock Bafang Ultra motor can be made almost as good as a WW Archon X1. Do you really think Frey are wasting their resources? Look at what Pushkar was able to do with the controller he's promoting. Nobody was doing that with the Ultra. Luna tried but flamed out. Roshan up at Biktrix has a special sauce but his is different to. These are smart guys. Thinking outside the box is what got us here. I'll bet you in 5 years IGH, Carbon belts etc will be in the rear view.
I figure as long as I can still get an adrenaline rush on a nice downhill trail and not go over the bars to many times I'm good. But like most things in my life I want to push the envelope a bit.

A stock Bafang Ultra motor can be made almost as good as a WW Archon X1. Do you really think Frey are wasting their resources?
As I understand, the innotrace (Archon X1) controller is sinewave which allows for much higher sampling frequency. The stock controller is modulating and much lower sampling frequency which limits the refinement and efficiency gains possible. I don't think you will be able to make the stock Bafang Ultra anywhere close to as good. Yes to the question, although I'll be happy to be proven wrong if they are able to replicate or surpass what innotrace has done.

tbh.... The Stock controller might not be as good as the X1 but it isn't that bad... Listening on here you'd get a different impression completely.

The issue with the Stock Controller is mainly with the Stock Settings.... A little tinkering has made it fine for daily use.

Well, for me it was like the difference between being in a relationship that isn't that bad and falling in love. On my CC I had significant range anxiety and regretted not getting a spare until I upgraded the controller. Innotrace actually claims 35% which is closer to what I've seen. Watt Wagons sandbags by only claiming 15%, but really just because they didnt want to over promise and under deliver.

Back