Frey's new 2021 model

Funny how consumer sales have changed over the years. It used to be I wouldn’t think of buying anything substantial without holding it in my hands. House, car, wife, bike etc. Now nobody carries large stock anymore so either you dont purchase or you take a chance. With Covid everything is effected for the worse. Started the E-mtn ebike thing a couple of years ago and most LBS were hesitant to work on them. So I either did without or figured it out for myself. I wish there was a “Bike Depot” around here that carried numerous models and all the spare parts I would ever need but..... All the bike shops here are slammed, long wait times and minimal parts. Realistically I feel having forums like these and others only helps in making choices when you cant phsyically see something as other people have asked or answered the same questions I would. I heard that Frey offered seperate shipping for $800 or so and you could get it 10x faster. I am fortunate to have the bike I do as the dealer who carried it no longer does as he’s carrying his own brand. Heck I have gone to Florida to buy boats and just went to Texas last May to get my truck. Who knows maybe europe for my next ride? Or I could just be satisfied with choices around here.... Naa...

Last edited:
I've had my order in for a month, nearly 2. Hope this new bike doesn't leave me wanting to change my order. I've been looking at bikes for years and with the lead time, finally just said f it and jumped in. If it's not a mountain bike and/or it's substantially more expensive than the am1000 I've ordered, then I'm not interested, but I sure am curious... Hoping I don't regret not waiting another couple of months.

I've had my order in for a month. Hope this new bike doesn't leave me wanting to change my order. I've been looking at bikes for years and with the lead time, finally just said f it and jumped in. If it's not a mountain bike and/or it's substantially more expensive than the am1000 I've ordered, then I'm not interested, but I sure am curious... Hoping I don't regret not waiting another couple of months.
Oh, my soon to be brother, you are in for such a wonderful surprise. That bike will be twice as good as your wildest imagination. I know what you're going thru. Been there done that. And I had every fear in the book and some they haven't written about as I had never ridden an ebike in my life prior to straddling this one. Well it all melted away with the first turn of the cranks. And it turned to unbelievable ecstasy the first time I mashed that throttle. You chose the right bike. I was just out bombing around on those great 2.8 in tires over the roughest rockiest roads you ever seen and she just eats em up. She flys. And her suspension is literally plush. Hang in there. The wait is worth it. 👍 👍 👍

Several resellers have tried to work with you but you sell direct and undercut any dealer. The margin for dealers and all the support they provide, is, well, lousy.

Several resellers have tried to work with you but you sell direct and undercut any dealer. The margin for dealers and all the support they provide, is, well, lousy.
Thomas, in 2019/20 Ivy and me had several discussions with interested parties in the US but non of these materialized. We have a successful Frey distributor in Switzerland and it's not Frey's policy to undercut any dealer! So we are still looking for an interested party in the US, existing or start-up to join the Frey family.

Release to be announced later, between 20-30 January, here is a sample;

Last edited:
Brake034, you mentioned a Swiss dealer in your post. Whatever happened to this guy that used to be a regular poster on this site for your bikes. Here is part of his post about a year ago. Is he no longer a dealer for you?
"Hello guys. I’m Simon from England in the United Kingdom and just joined the forum here. I work closely with Frey and bring the bikes in to the UK through my company Adrenaline eBikes."

Brake034, you mentioned a Swiss dealer in your post. Whatever happened to this guy that used to be a regular poster on this site for your bikes. Here is part of his post about a year ago. Is he no longer a dealer for you?
"Hello guys. I’m Simon from England in the United Kingdom and just joined the forum here. I work closely with Frey and bring the bikes in to the UK through my company Adrenaline eBikes."
Good question. I got the feeling Simon was doing that independently. I know he was at the Frey factory with that week (Electirc.Co) long grouping. Later it was said by others he wasn't doing Frey bikes any more and I 'think' he took down his you tube videos. Can't find them anyway. 🤔 He could have run afoul of the law somehow as he was reselling bikes that are not legal (?) but I don't know.

Last edited:
Simon was doing that independently before I went direct to Frey to order my bike I contacted Simon and at the time he said he wasn't able to help me.
Simon has now since disappeared from FB (so I am told) youtube & forums, he never had a shop as such and dealt with the bikes he did sell from his home.
I did read somewhere that the length of time and import costs were an issue, this is something i can most certainly relate to.

Hi everyone,

Glad to tell that we will have some new exciting model launched soon around late of January.
Do you think what kinds of the new model will be? And what's the feature and advantage will be available compare with present FREY bike models?
We'd like to have some good communication with you and listen to your voices and ideas.
Some teaser video for the FREY bike model will be available soon to release.
You can follow FreyBike on facebook to keep latest news update to you.

Wish all you have a peaceful and happy new year!

Best Regards,
Ivy Wang

Hello Ivy,

I have been looking to order a Frey bike. Please confirm which models will be available to the US customers.

I am looking at a full suspension models. Your FAT2000 was in consideration until I was informed that it is already being marketed by a US based distributor.

Hoping my options are not limited further

Hi Bob i am not sure anyone from Frey are completely active on this forum, if you want answers as quickly as possible then going through there Alibaba page will be best -

if you choose a bike you will have to sign up to Alibaba anyway and go through there to purchase and liaise with them, this is how i bought mine and also any questions i had i used the internal messaging system they have for direct messages, some people have said they dont get back quick enough through this but i never had an issue and i had a lot of questions.

Hello Ivy,

I have been looking to order a Frey bike. Please confirm which models will be available to the US customers.

I am looking at a full suspension models. Your FAT2000 was in consideration until I was informed that it is already being marketed by a US based distributor.

Hoping my options are not limited further
Hi BobHom, Ivy isn't a member of this forum but I am, I help Frey as a consultant.
Do you want a fat bike or conventional one?

The Frey AM, M600, HT, EX and CC are conventional bikes that can be sold in the US and also the fat Hunter is available.

Hi BobHom, Ivy isn't a member of this forum but I am, I help Frey as a consultant.
Do you want a fat bike or conventional one?

The Frey AM, M600, HT, EX and CC are conventional bikes that can be sold in the US and also the fat Hunter is available.
can you tell me more about the fat Hunter... or send me a link. Seems therevare different modle names for very similar bikes.

can you tell me more about the fat Hunter... or send me a link. Seems therevare different modle names for very similar bikes.
Frey has two fat models, the full suspension FAT1000 which they do not sell to consumers in the USA.
And the second is the Hunter which is a hardtail, further details here, link to Frey website;

Link to Frey's Alibaba store;

Frey has integrated battery designs for their M600, the EX and the upcoming 2021 model.

For a fat design with integrated battery you could consider a Jeep 😜?

No integrated battery? not interested

If that conventional supply chain requires a 30-40% price increase on top of the ex works prices, are you guys still in?
Please dont let the enthusiasm of a couple of people sway you as I am sure not all of us are willing to pay more and even less will actually buy one . That being said if there was one in the US that didnt require preordering I might well be interested but as of now I will not pay for a bike that is not already in the US . .

Frey has two fat models, the full suspension FAT1000 which they do not sell to consumers in the USA.
And the second is the Hunter which is a hardtail, further details here, link to Frey website;

Link to Frey's Alibaba store;
Marcel, thank you...this level of details and helpfulness is appreciated...

No integrated battery? not interested
My Frey AM 1000 battery is partially integrated actually. It goes into the down tube from the side as well as sticking up a bit. I actually prefer this design. The fully integrated (buried) battery down tube is just too massive to my eye.

Back