Shipping Container of New Biktrix FS Model Stolen.. Help track down the thieves.

has an update. The container was located a few days after it was stolen, on the 22nd, about 20 km away, empty. Two suspects, a woman and a man.

mentions that the storage facility was unsecured and that the theft was reported at noon the day following the nightly theft.
It has the location of the empty container, in Langley:

It sounds like RCMP has reviewed security footage of surrounding businesses.

Google Street View from June '23 shows the street with parked trailers and trucks. A good spot to leave a trailer after unloading somewhere.

The Langely RCMP news page at https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=187&languageId=1&contentId=-1 does not mention the container.

Here is a potential suspect from the area who had used trucks in thefts of construction machinery not long ago:

Where do you store 150 large boxes ?

There are traffic webcams, eg. https://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/dbc/435.html

but without archives for the critical days.

The stolen bikes' serial numbers: BK2CE30001 - BK2CE30140

These do not seem to be registered yet on https://project529.com/garage/bikes/search ?

has an update. The container was located a few days after it was stolen, on the 22nd, about 20 km away, empty. Two suspects, a woman and a man.

mentions that the storage facility was unsecured and that the theft was reported at noon the day following the nightly theft.
It has the location of the empty container, in Langley:

It sounds like RCMP has reviewed security footage of surrounding businesses.

Google Street View from June '23 shows the street with parked trailers and trucks. A good spot to leave a trailer after unloading somewhere.

The Langely RCMP news page at https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=187&languageId=1&contentId=-1 does not mention the container.

Here is a potential suspect from the area who had used trucks in thefts of construction machinery not long ago:

Where do you store 150 large boxes ?

There are traffic webcams, eg. https://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/dbc/435.html

but without archives for the critical days.

The stolen bikes' serial numbers: BK2CE30001 - BK2CE30140

These do not seem to be registered yet on https://project529.com/garage/bikes/search ?

One interesting comment in the article you linked to:

"Biktrix company representatives have been sharing evidence via media interviews and social media. This has complicated the police’s ability to conduct investigations overtly and covertly."

You can't win for losing... smh...

One interesting comment in the article you linked to:

"Biktrix company representatives have been sharing evidence via media interviews and social media. This has complicated the police’s ability to conduct investigations overtly and covertly."

You can't win for losing... smh...
Any authority will always claim that the injured party is hindering their work. It's approximately stock answer #5 on the top 10 list.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not true... 🤔
That is also true ... a matter of perspective. I believe in letting the authorities do their jobs, but still doubt their effectiveness in anything beyond their routine day to day situations. And I doubt a missing container of ebikes is routine. Odd that the owner has hasn't posted here if he's a member. And is posting elsewhere.

That is also true ... a matter of perspective. I believe in letting the authorities do their jobs, but still doubt their effectiveness in anything beyond their routine day to day situations. And I doubt a missing container of ebikes is routine. Odd that the owner has hasn't posted here if he's a member. And is posting elsewhere.
That might be partially my fault...
I did break his chestnuts on occasion 🙃

My feeling is that the goods will be shipped out of country.

I wonder why GPS tracking isn't used on containers as trucking companies do to monitor cross country shipments. Probably power requirements.
Protect Your Assets from Theft
Keep vehicles and assets safe with immediate geofence alerts when a vehicle enters or exits a location. Prevent unauthorized vehicle use and tampering with devices through an automated alert system.

My feeling is that the goods will be shipped out of country.
Yes, there is that border crossing just south of Langley. Presumably a truck would need papers.

The Delta police called it a crime of opportunity probably because the storage facility was not very well secured. That makes me sympathize with the CEO who thinks the theft was more targeted. Why risk stealing the engine, breaking in and being recorded if you are not sure something quite valuable and in demand is in a container ? There was a good degree of advance planning.

Not sure if it would be appropriate to volunteer registering the stolen serial numbers on Project 529 if the company itself has not done so.

You would think that the owner of the container of ebikes had insurance to cover his loss?
He says in the blog post:

Our insurance, meticulously arranged to protect us from sea to shore, fell short at the final hurdle, leaving us in a precarious position as we navigate the complexities of insurance policies and the hope for coverage by our 3PL's insurance.

It is possible that they left a gap in coverage.

this is the exact scenario why we have insurance for these things.
FFS, have you ever tried collecting insurance that will make you whole after a major theft? Insurers will drag the process out and put a mom and pop business in a tough spot.

Collecting on ones insurance isn't free money.

Your "should" proclamations don't lesson the impact.

FFS, have you ever tried collecting insurance that will make you whole after a major theft? Insurers will drag the process out and put a mom and pop business in a tough spot.

Collecting on ones insurance isn't free money.

Your "should" proclamations don't lesson the impact.
Re" insurance executives " I'll quote my navy uncle... " lower than whaleshit at the bottom of the ocean "

Thanks for all your empathy folks.

The police haven't been helpful at all. They found the empty container by the side of the road a couple of days later and the department that found it didn't speak to the investigating department. So I had to be the liason between the two. I am really uphauled by how slowly police move. I just have to accept it that the bikes are likely never to be found.

Insurance has been a battle - something my lawyer says should settle in a few years. On a positive side, most of my customers who pre-paid for the bikes have extended their support to me and Biktrix by not cancelling their orders. So now I just need to get the next batch of bikes ready for them. No pressure :)

Really sorry how this has affected you and I really respect how you're not folding up shop and leaving customers in a lurch.

I'd even order a bike from you, but unfortunately I want a light ebike with a small motor, no suspension, etc .... and your models seem to be the other end of the spectrum.

So just to be clear, there are not any of this particular model legitimately on the street yet? Nobody has received one that they purchased from you? So if we see this model in yellow today (4/20) it is one of the stolen?

Last edited:
So just to be clear, there are not any of this particular models legitimately on the street yet? Nobody has received one that they purchased from you? So if we see this model in yellow today (4/20) it is one of the stolen?
Did you get a photo?

Back