Frey CC

Funny. When Cecelia told me my CC was ready, she originally said that shipping was shut down until after the CN new year and they wouldn't be shipping anything out until they returned from the new year sometime in mid-March. Turns out, she got it shipped just before shipping shut down for the holiday. Currently they are right in the middle of the Chinese New Year, so I expect yours won't ship until they return. You might ask them when they will be shipping it out. Mine was ready for shipment with a couple of days of my 2nd payment.

1. China forwarders
2. Ship travel
3line to off load ship
4 us forwarders and us customs
5 fed ex ground which is not the same as regular fed ex.
6 probably 45 days
they also told me it was Chinese New Year but it was November

1. China forwarders
2. Ship travel
3line to off load ship
4 us forwarders and us customs
5 fed ex ground which is not the same as regular fed ex.
6 probably 45 days
they also told me it was Chinese New Year but it was November
The CN new year starts on 2/11 this year and lasts for over two weeks. Many factories close for two weeks to as much as a month to allow their workers to go home to their families, sometimes hundreds of miles from where they work. Many of their workers never return and they end up hiring replacements. This also messes things up after the holiday, since many factories are training replacement employees and many products may be sub-standard right after this happens. Hopefully that's not the case with Frey. I would much rather have my product manufactured before the CN new year as opposed to right after the CN new year. Shipping also get impacted with the shutdowns. It should normally take from 35-45 days for the trek to the states without a new year interruption. Taylor57, you'll just have to wait and see how long it takes.

The CN new year starts on 2/11 this year and lasts for over two weeks. Many factories close for two weeks to as much as a month to allow their workers to go home to their families, sometimes hundreds of miles from where they work. Many of their workers never return and they end up hiring replacements. This also messes things up after the holiday, since many factories are training replacement employees and many products may be sub-standard right after this happens. Hopefully that's not the case with Frey. I would much rather have my product manufactured before the CN new year as opposed to right after the CN new year. Shipping also get impacted with the shutdowns. It should normally take from 35-45 days for the trek to the states without a new year interruption. Taylor57, you'll just have to wait and see how long it takes.
The Frey CC is dead to me

Below is the email from Frey. I guess I pay my balance and takes me chances...

Thank you for your reply.

The transportation time is about 35 days.If no problem,please pay the balance as soon as possible.
Any more question please feel free ask.

Best Regards,
Abby

Ok, boys start the clock. I made my final payment today...

and got my note last night from Abby:

Thank you for your support and waiting,

we have received the balance of your payment. We will arrange the shipment for you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Abby

Attachments

• Frey CC.jpg
    Frey CC.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Funny. When Cecelia told me my CC was ready, she originally said that shipping was shut down until after the CN new year and they wouldn't be shipping anything out until they returned from the new year sometime in mid-March. Turns out, she got it shipped just before shipping shut down for the holiday. Currently they are right in the middle of the Chinese New Year, so I expect yours won't ship until they return. You might ask them when they will be shipping it out. Mine was ready for shipment with a couple of days of my 2nd payment.
Hi Rick, I got an email last night with a picture of my CC boxed up saying my bike had shipped. How long from that point did it take for your CC to arrive?

Hi Rick, I got an email last night with a picture of my CC boxed up saying my bike had shipped. How long from that point did it take for your CC to arrive?
I'm still waiting. On February 1st Cecilia said the bike was loaded and she sent me a Fedex tracking number on 2/3. She said it wouldn't work until the bike arrives in the US for customs clearance. Being on the East Coast, I don't expect I'll hear anything until sometime in late March or early April. I'll let you know when I have more.

I'm still waiting. On February 1st Cecilia said the bike was loaded and she sent me a Fedex tracking number on 2/3. She said it wouldn't work until the bike arrives in the US for customs clearance. Being on the East Coast, I don't expect I'll hear anything until sometime in late March or early April. I'll let you know when I have more.
Its 34 days since I paid for my cc..........have had an email that says my order has been passed to production,then came Chinese New Year '

What happens next ? Do you get photos showing where your personal bike is in the production process?

I'm guessing will have to add 20 days or more to the promised delivery time.

Cecelia said 3 months for production plus 1 month for sea freight to New Zealand.

I'm guessing that the factory is still on holiday.

I got a picture of my CC, then a couple of days later a picture of a big Frey box with my name on it, then a note from Alibaba square trade or whatever its called saying my bike had shipped. All this happened in the last few days...

I got a picture of my CC, then a couple of days later a picture of a big Frey box with my name on it, then a note from Alibaba square trade or whatever its called saying my bike had shipped. All this happened in the last few days...
I just asked Cecelia for a price of a gear cassette and if she could give me a revised delivery date after Chinese New Year.

They are 4 hours behind us time wise so if I wait till 2 oclock our time ( New Zealand) to email her its about 10 am China time ,usually get a reply in a few minutes ,cant complain about the service!!!

I got a reply in a few minutes which said she didnt know the gear cassette price, an SRAM11S.

Anyone else know.?

She also said that they go back to work on 15 January and she would contact me then.

I just asked Cecelia for a price of a gear cassette and if she could give me a revised delivery date after Chinese New Year.

They are 4 hours behind us time wise so if I wait till 2 oclock our time ( New Zealand) to email her its about 10 am China time ,usually get a reply in a few minutes ,cant complain about the service!!!

I got a reply in a few minutes which said she didnt know the gear cassette price, an SRAM11S.

Anyone else know.?

She also said that they go back to work on 15 January and she would contact me then.
15 Jan?

Im getting mine in June. We need to see more CC vids out there from owners.
I agree totally !

I have a really nice shared path near my home next to the Hutt River in Lower Hutt New Zealand for those that have been there!

Sort of undulating and a mixture of concrete and gravel ,bitumen surfaces.

My idea is to use it to get some gentle excercise about an hour a day ,but I can see that some trail riding might be fun.

It takes me an hour to do 20 k(12 miles)...its been really nice during daylight saving to go out in the early evening when its cooler ,27 degrees c at the moment,(445 in the afternoon!)

I counted more than 50 bicycles a cpouple of nights ago during my evening ride,stays dayligh till about 8 oclock at night.

i have asked for the throttle to be active from zero ,it makes it much easier to get started...my current far less sophisticated ebike has this feature.

I am interested in comfort rather than speed ,I see that powerful Bafang motor as making it easier to ride.

I agree totally !

I have a really nice shared path near my home next to the Hutt River in Lower Hutt New Zealand for those that have been there!

Sort of undulating and a mixture of concrete and gravel ,bitumen surfaces.

My idea is to use it to get some gentle excercise about an hour a day ,but I can see that some trail riding might be fun.

It takes me an hour to do 20 k(12 miles)...its been really nice during daylight saving to go out in the early evening when its cooler ,27 degrees c at the moment,(445 in the afternoon!)

I counted more than 50 bicycles a cpouple of nights ago during my evening ride,stays dayligh till about 8 oclock at night.

i have asked for the throttle to be active from zero ,it makes it much easier to get started...my current far less sophisticated ebike has this feature.

I am interested in comfort rather than speed ,I see that powerful Bafang motor as making it easier to ride.
So.... Are you about to say you will be showing us your vid

But i did see a policeman with a machine gun on the river bank 2 nights ago ,I kid you not ,reallyy rare sight in NZ
Frey re open for business today ,our time( New Zealand}

Its 45 days since I ordered my cc.

Has any one else had replies about delivery dates?

Frey re open for business today ,our time( New Zealand}

Its 45 days since I ordered my cc.

Has any one else had replies about delivery dates?
You got awhile to wait. I ordered mine middle of October and my guess is it will be here sometime in April...

Back