Frey CC

Hey Tom,
I got the red color because of your videos, and read how long it took you to get your bike thru the group purchase. Thanks for those informative reviews and advice! I just got slammed up the side of my head by Cecilia. Yesterday I got my completed pictures and immediately paid the balance of the bike on my CC to expedite shipment. I was told by Cecilia that she would arrange for shipping ASAP and she previously assured me they would send me the bike before the CN New Year. Knowing that, I expected the bike would be here sometime in late Feb or March, but I woke up this morning to miserable email from her. See below:

"Hi
I am very sorry to inform you that domestic logistics has been stopped due to the CN New Year. We need to arrange your order after the CN New Year. We will probably return in March. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you."

Wow! Now that I paid the balance, I find out that the bike won't even be shipped until March and probably won't arrive to the USA until April or May, even though the CN New Year doesn't even begin until 2/12. Had I known that, I would have waited to pay until March. As of now, my credit card bill will have to be paid way before they even ship the bike. This will make my wait since I ordered it to somewhere between 6 or 7 months. What a bummer. Looks like Christmas is never coming.... Taylor, looks like you'll be on that wait list as well.
It's only money!

I got my completion pictures 3 weeks ago. Cecilia said if everything was OK shipping would be arranged. I was concerned about the Chinese New Year as well. Now you have me afraid to check my email.

Hey Tom,
I got the red color because of your videos, and read how long it took you to get your bike thru the group purchase. Thanks for those informative reviews and advice! I just got slammed up the side of my head by Cecilia. Yesterday I got my completed pictures and immediately paid the balance of the bike on my CC to expedite shipment. I was told by Cecilia that she would arrange for shipping ASAP and she previously assured me they would send me the bike before the CN New Year. Knowing that, I expected the bike would be here sometime in late Feb or March, but I woke up this morning to miserable email from her. See below:

"Hi
I am very sorry to inform you that domestic logistics has been stopped due to the CN New Year. We need to arrange your order after the CN New Year. We will probably return in March. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you."

Wow! Now that I paid the balance, I find out that the bike won't even be shipped until March and probably won't arrive to the USA until April or May, even though the CN New Year doesn't even begin until 2/12. Had I known that, I would have waited to pay until March. As of now, my credit card bill will have to be paid way before they even ship the bike. This will make my wait since I ordered it to somewhere between 6 or 7 months. What a bummer. Looks like Christmas is never coming.... Taylor, looks like you'll be on that wait list as well.
I ordered mine at the end of September. Sorry for you guys. i hope mine is on a boat. I am not going to check my e-mail.

Upgrade the controller and you will see a big improvement in efficiency. Frey indicates the CC will will work well for riders 160 to 190 cm (approx. 5' 3" to 6' 3").
What performance level did you get with the X1 controller? And was that with the stock battery? Thanks.

2300W, just so I have it. I like having options, say if I wanted 1250W nominal in a pinch I have it. Yes, stock battery.
Well, you were the first I listened to on really not needing the 'Big Kahuna' Archon. 1000 watt nominal is all I can even use right now. But I haven't officially changed my order. I suspect myself of using it if I have it. 😶 And I further suspect myself of hurting myself with it. Kinda like having a handle of whiskey in the house. If it's there I'll drink it. But in the liquor store I can walk by it. I'm just not to be trusted. 🤣

Honestly I probably don't need it but sure was fun flying up the 700' hill one day at 20 mph barely pedaling. I'd say it was worth the $100 upgrade just for the entertainment value. I actually paid less considering I got a discount as an existing WW customer (having pre-ordered the Helios founder bike). WW shipped me my Helios motor in advance so I could use it on the CC, and the CC motor I shipped them wold get the controller upgraded and go in the Helios when built. As a founder benefit I had 2300W on the Helios motor so I figured I might as well make it an even swap.

Last edited:
I ordered mine at the end of September. Sorry for you guys. i hope mine is on a boat. I am not going to check my e-mail.
Just heard from Cecilia ,,she must still be working!

Just arranging the quite complex paper work for our customs department for approval to import to New Zealand and we get the privelige of paying another 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax) when it arrives . The freight cost is levied @ 15% ALSO

You either want it or you dont!!!(gulp)

I asked for an air freight price just to see the difference to sea mail(500 USD),air cost is 1350 USD

(another bigger gulp)

Honestly I probably don't need it but sure was fun flying up the 700' hill one day at 20 mph barely pedaling. I'd say it was worth the $100 upgrade just for the entertainment value. I actually paid less considering I got a discount as an existing WW customer (having pre-ordered the Helios founder bike). WW shipped me my Helios motor in advance so I could use it on the CC, and the CC motor I shipped them wold get the controller upgraded and go in the Helios when built. As a founder benefit I had 2300W on the Helios motor so I figured I might as well make it an even swap.
$100 upgrade... did you mean $1,000 upgrade?

$100 upgrade from 1000W to 2300W. Earlier this month the 2300W controller was $700 (less than I paid). The 750W version was only $500, currently $600. I believe if you are willing to give up warranty you can get the 2300W version for around that cost (upcharge is mostly to cover warranty) but you would have to confirm with WW.

$100 upgrade from 1000W to 2300W. Earlier this month the 2300W controller was $700 (less than I paid). The 750W version was only $500, currently $600. I believe if you are willing to give up warranty you can get the 2300W version for around that cost (upcharge is mostly to cover warranty) but you would have to confirm with WW.
Got it. Just did a quick tally on the X1 upgrade and currently for the 48V 2300W and 2yr Firmware its $1,100 + shipping + taxes. They also require a 10 second video with sound of the motor running, photo of the motor serial, then I'll have to remove the motor myself and ship direct to WW, and hopefully won't mess it up... also difficult to find good comparison videos of the stock vs X1 to make a decision. :confused:

Well here is my latest email from Frey:

The latest status is:

Your order already began to produce,bike frame has been assembled and adjusted.

This is a system generated email to indicate your latest order status!

If any doubt, please don't hesitate to contact your customer manager: Abby.

From the Frey Team, It's our pleasure to serve you!

The latest status is:

Well that's great Taylor. I hope it gives you some comfort. Hang in there. You will make it. 👍

Got it. Just did a quick tally on the X1 upgrade and currently for the 48V 2300W and 2yr Firmware its $1,100 + shipping + taxes. They also require a 10 second video with sound of the motor running, photo of the motor serial, then I'll have to remove the motor myself and ship direct to WW, and hopefully won't mess it up... also difficult to find good comparison videos of the stock vs X1 to make a decision. :confused:
I ordered X1 2300W controller yesterday with a 200 off code. Did not get the 2yr firmware. About 762 all in.

Tom D gave a very good description and opinion about the X1. The increased range was a deciding factor for me.

The latest status is:

So, last week I was told I would have to wait until they got back from holiday in March before they would ship my CC. I complained to Cecilia and I don't know if that had any affect, but last night I received this from Cecilia. "Your bike has been loaded, I will share the tracking number with you in a few days". I asked her if that meant it would get out of CN before the New Year and she replied "Yes". I am a happy camper now!

Back