Frey CC vs Frey AM1000 vs Frey EX Pro?

Gee_Whiz

I'd prefer a watt wagon if I can make it happen price-wise, but for comparison sake, looking for info on these Frey models as well.

Are any of these frames rated for individuals in the 6'4 280 range? I can't find weight maximums or standover height on their alibaba page.

Which of these models would be considered best for commuting?

Are there any factory upgrades or changes that should be requested when placing an order?

Any other suggestions for changes on the preferred model?

So far I have:

Seatpost stem for greater length and higher quality seat
Super moto X Tires
Archon x1 controller upgrade from WW

Last edited:
I only mentioned the M600 as it was the only one missing from your list, full commuting on the road the CC is the one if you want, if you want a mix of road and trails then the AM do a hardtail called the HT1000 this also has the 1000w Bafang motor, these are quite well made but a pain in the arse bikes to buy due to them being hand made to order, once they arrive though I have been told they are awesome with very little flaws.

I only mentioned the M600 as it was the only one missing from your list, full commuting on the road the CC is the one if you want, if you want a mix of road and trails then the AM do a hardtail called the HT1000 this also has the 1000w Bafang motor, these are quite well made but a pain in the arse bikes to buy due to them being hand made to order, once they arrive though I have been told they are awesome with very little flaws.

Thanks!

I'd prefer a watt wagon if I can make it happen price-wise, but for comparison sake, looking for info on these Frey models as well.

Are any of these frames rated for individuals in the 6'4 280 range? I can't find weight maximums or standover height on their alibaba page.

Which of these models would be considered best for commuting?

Are there any factory upgrades or changes that should be requested when placing an order?

Any other suggestions for changes on the preferred model?

So far I have:

Seatpost stem for greater length and higher quality seat
Super moto X Tires
Archon x1 controller upgrade from WW

What price point are you looking to be at ? If you look at the EX - it is 3350 + shipping + tires/ seatpost / archon .. ou are looking at around 5k .. i am sure that is in the realm of what WW might be able to get to.

WattWagons Hydra carbon fiber, full suspension MTB $4500 w/upgraded controller. I am paying $700 just to upgrade my $3500 CC stock controller so it is actually almost the same price as a Frey. better components to. Dropper comes stock. The CC has bottom of the line Recon RL forks, Hydra comes stock with Manitou Mattoc. Having an American manufacture/assembler is always better for warranty issues or just to get answers to simple questions. I have had good communication with Cicilia at Frey but with the language difference etc I don’t ask any involved questions. Pushkar at Watt Wagons, he knows his stuff. He has spent over an hour with me on the phone giving me advice and explaining subtle differences in parts etc. I don’t really need a second bike but I was so impressed by the Hydra and his honest enthusiasm for Ebikes I ordered one.
‘Gary

Says 40kg on the Frey website for the cc
That's probably the shipping weight. The bike itself is less than that...

40kg is more than my Extra Large framed Frey EX Pro with dual batteries (35kg). The CC must be less than that...

Has anyone purchased from Frey? What was the order/lead time until it was delivered?

I ordered one the first week in Nov 2020.. its on the ship for delivery right now. Paused for a month for Chinese new year i believe but id say count on about 5 months

I ordered one the first week in Nov 2020.. its on the ship for delivery right now. Paused for a month for Chinese new year i believe but id say count on about 5 months
Did you look at the Bixtrix Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro before buying from frey? Besides lead time taking 5ish months -I worry about warranty issues. I read somewhere in these forums, a frey bike arrived damaged and it was cheaper and easier to just buy new forks than deal with delayed shipping from Frey.

Did you look at the Bixtrix Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro before buying from frey? Besides lead time taking 5ish months -I worry about warranty issues. I read somewhere in these forums, a frey bike arrived damaged and it was cheaper and easier to just buy new forks than deal with delayed shipping from Frey.
I have to say its hard to understand that comment about being cheaper and easier to buy... doesn't make any sense to me.

Frey would have sent it by air freight - for free no doubt, just as I have seen them do for other warranty issues. I was missing an item from my order. I emailed Frey to let them know, and they sent it by Air freight, no argument or fuss, arrived 3 days later. I couldn't complain about that....

I have to say its hard to understand that comment about being cheaper and easier to buy... doesn't make any sense to me.

Frey would have sent it by air freight - for free no doubt, just as I have seen them do for other warranty issues. I was missing an item from my order. I emailed Frey to let them know, and they sent it by Air freight, no argument or fuss, arrived 3 days later. I couldn't complain about that....
Great - Thanks for the info. I really love the AM1000 - But was worried about these so called issues. I just cant decide - I think I settled on the bixtrix, because I want a new eMTB yesterday. I can impatiently wait for a June delivery on the juggernaut. I would love to see some reviews on the Frey Beast when someone has one.

Back