Frame Sizing - Turbo Creo SL Comp E5

Greg4

My wife is considering purchasing the aluminum frame Turbo Creo SL Comp E5, but the standover height as stated on Specialized's website appears to be incorrect. For the size small frame it indicates a standover of 791mm, which is more than 32 inches. The standover for the size small frame for the Carbon versions are quoted as 731mm, which is much more reasonable. Unfortunately the dealers in our area do not have any SL E5 small models in stock which we could measure, and are trying to get input from their Specialized rep. I also sent an on line inquiry to Specialized support, but have not heard anything back. Can anyone on this forum who has a small Creo SL E5 aluminum frame confirm what the stand over measurement is? Thanks in advance!

I found something strange on the Canadian site, which I'm sure, when it comes to dimensions, is the same as the US site.

The aluminum's smallest size is a small, which has a standover height of 791mm, while the carbon model can be ordered in an Extra Small size 728mm and the Small has a standover height of 731mm.
791mm is bigger than the carbon large frame, so something is wrong here.

I've ridden medium sized Creo carbon and aluminum bikes, back to back and I couldn't tell any difference in the standover height, yet the site shows that the medium aluminum Creo has a 52mm higher standover height, compared to the carbon version.
I would hope that it's just a mistake with the chart.

My wife is considering purchasing the aluminum frame Turbo Creo SL Comp E5, but the standover height as stated on Specialized's website appears to be incorrect. For the size small frame it indicates a standover of 791mm, which is more than 32 inches. The standover for the size small frame for the Carbon versions are quoted as 731mm, which is much more reasonable. Unfortunately the dealers in our area do not have any SL E5 small models in stock which we could measure, and are trying to get input from their Specialized rep. I also sent an on line inquiry to Specialized support, but have not heard anything back. Can anyone on this forum who has a small Creo SL E5 aluminum frame confirm what the stand over measurement is? Thanks in advance!
791mm is 31.14 inches. Agreed it, does seem a little high for a "small" frame.

Back