Folding E-Bike Shipping Case

bloodcurdling

Hello. Does anyone have a good and reasonably priced option for a *sturdy* shipping case for the Qualisports Dolphin, maybe that they already know to work? I have the dual battery, but I figure the question applies to all versions of the Dolphin.

I'd like to be able to ship the bike by ground (with the batteries) or by air (without the batteries).

Every sturdy case I look at doesn't work with one dimension or the other.

Are my only options finding good cardboard boxes, or adapting a huge suitcase or trunk of some kind?

Inches: 33 x 14.5 x 28.5
Cm: 84 x 37 x 73

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 10.20.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 10.20.19 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Shipping how far? Bike Flights is one bike specific shipping company that pops on my head. There are more but I never ship bikes so I don't know. Other options would be something like U-Ship as well, but I wonder if they (U-Ship) is still allowing pirates to work for them, meaning your stuff might go missing!

Maybe make your own reusable crate for shipping if you plan on shipping your bike more than once and I suggest you remove the pedals to make it slimmer and saddle too try to make it as compact as possible. For batteries there are regulations for proper shipping.
When I got my bike shipped from Canada it had to be shipped by boat. I had to wait over a month, I was willing to pay expedite fee but it wasn't worth it because battery was still required to ship by boat

Maybe make your own reusable crate for shipping if you plan on shipping your bike more than once and I suggest you remove the pedals to make it slimmer and saddle too try to make it as compact as possible. For batteries there are regulations for proper shipping.
When I got my bike shipped from Canada it had to be shipped by boat. I had to wait over a month, I was willing to pay expedite fee but it wasn't worth it because battery was still required to ship by boat
Check your carrier carefully, you might be able to check a pair of smaller batteries ( two range extender sized vs one big one) on a regular flight. I have not done this, only something I saw on the net.YMMV.

Back