FLX BabyMaker dependability

wings02

I'm still interested in the FLX BabyMaker e-bike. I am questioning both short term problems and long term reliability. I have read about potential problems with the battery charge indicator and frequent flat tires on the front, possibly due to the wrong size tire/rim combination. I love the idea of a simple e-bike with belt drive. I would definitely change the seat to a gel saddle with a suspension post and swap out the the handlebar to a more conventional comfort style. I know I would be taking away some of the stealthy look but comfort is important to me. Anyone that has purchased this bike, I would appreciate your input

FLX Babymaker (non-pro) version doesn't seem like it's worth the money with the biggest turn-off of V-brakes.

The pro version comes with disc brakes, but still not the best value for the current prices of $1569. If I had to choose a similar bike, I would probably pay couple of hundred more and go with Luna Fixed which seems like a much better bike with torque sensing mid-drive motor, Gates Carbon Belt Drive, Shimano Nexus 3-Speed. You'd probably still come out ahead since you won't have to replace the handlebar.

Reactions: JRA
I looked at the Luna. Great reviews. Kind of bad they do not include a warranty
I agree that’s a pretty bad model. However, I would still buy the Luna over the Babymaker. Usually if there’s something wrong with the bike when you first receive it they will address it. I relieve @tomdav has an issue with the firmware on the X1 and they offered to upgrade his motor to the ludicrous version for free.

Back