Flat back tire :(

Cdrhead

I was riding home from work yesterday on my Juiced Bikes RipCurrent S. I've got just over 200 miles on it. I hit a large nail on the road and it went through the back tire twice. I looked on JB 's website ...the tube is sold out and they don't have the tire listed. I googled it and it seems you can't get that tire ? It's a Kenda Krusade Sport 26 x4.0 60 TPI CASING WIRE BEAD 5 - 30 PSI . The only tire that comes up is the Juggernaut https://bicycle.kendatire.com/en-us/find-a-tire/bicycle/fat-tires/juggernaut-pro/ . It seems like Juiced Bikes may have gone directly to Kenda for tires just for their bikes ? Would be nice if they had it for sale no ?

I called the lbs and they ordered a tire and tube. They said they quote me an hourly price when they see the bike.

Both a 26x4 tube and tire is going to be widely available, so you shouldn't have a whole lot of trouble finding that size. You may not find the exact tire that came with the bike but you can certainly find something suitable.

If the tire is not extremely damaged I'd suggest replacing the tube and trying to improvise a tire boot. Pro tip: Canadian $5 bills work awesomely as a boot, much better than American currency.

The Kenda tire that I buy at my LBS is not on the website.
Whatever, buy thick tread off-road tires. They shed nails metal & glass better. The closest I see on the kenda website to what I bought is a knobby off road. I don't need the off-road part, but 3/16" high knobs roll over all kinds of junk without penetration. When the knobs wear off, change it unless you want to put a new tube in your electric wheel out on the road somewhere.

Yeah if it was the front tire I would have gotten a new tube already and have it in. The bike store has that Juggernaut tire ordered for me and I'll keep the punctured tire as a spare. I went with the smaller tread this time trying to match what's on the front.

I got another flat back tire. The Juggernaut was not so good. I hit something on the trail and punctured the sidewall and tube.
I got a Maxxis tire to replace it. At 700 miles it needed a new chain and rear brake pads.

Got to put the saddle bag back on

Attachments

• F1833909-AE51-4AD0-8968-96D8E2547093.jpeg
    F1833909-AE51-4AD0-8968-96D8E2547093.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,311
Back