First time Electric Biker

MarkLS

Region
USA
Greetings,
Glad to be here and looking forward to exploring the world of electric biking. I received a new Lectric XP 3.0 a week ago (but with a bad battery so no riding yet). I am 68 with several new body parts. :) I still want to keep up with 3 daughters and 9 grand-kids.

MarkLS

We bought our two Lectric XP 2.0st bikes about a year ago and love them. Accessorized with folding basket in back for grocery runs, smartphone holder, left side mirror for traffic, Lectric foldylock and alarm/horn with remote. The bikes came with 14-28 freewheels and the very first thing we did was to swap out for 11-34. Your 3.0 already has the 11 tooth for higher speed pedaling; it may still be worthwhile to get the 11-34 so you have a lower first gear. $30.

Also, we didn't like having to lean forward, so I turned the stem around 180 degrees and used a 3" handlebar extender to put the handlebars closer but not too close. Now we have a relaxed upright seating angle, like a "Dutch" bike. If you want to experiment, start with just the extender. Vendor is "Cansucc" on Amazon and it is cheap.

Check in on the Lectric part of this forum--lots of good advice. Great bikes.

We bought our two Lectric XP 2.0st bikes about a year ago and love them. Accessorized with folding basket in back for grocery runs, smartphone holder, left side mirror for traffic, Lectric foldylock and alarm/horn with remote. The bikes came with 14-28 freewheels and the very first thing we did was to swap out for 11-34. Your 3.0 already has the 11 tooth for higher speed pedaling; it may still be worthwhile to get the 11-34 so you have a lower first gear. $30.

Also, we didn't like having to lean forward, so I turned the stem around 180 degrees and used a 3" handlebar extender to put the handlebars closer but not too close. Now we have a relaxed upright seating angle, like a "Dutch" bike. If you want to experiment, start with just the extender. Vendor is "Cansucc" on Amazon and it is cheap.

Check in on the Lectric part of this forum--lots of good advice. Great bikes.
Thanks for your response Dorkyman. I am supposed to get my new battery on Monday (previous one was faulty). A projected high of 48 degrees is warm enough for me to try out the bike for the first time. While the ride won't be long, I should get an idea on how my body, arms and wrists feel without making any modifications.

Reactions: Rrr
Back