First thoughts on nesta

vincent

picked up a used nesta

was not at all happy with the pas in 5 levels, too much go too fast
considered selling it or putting in a KT controller but changed it to pas levels 9 and it solved the problem, much slower ramp up in pas 1 and top speed 6

for others considering this bike i am 5'6" and the frame is big
it is heavy like all these cheap fat tires

i have owned/still own a lot of folders and the handlebar tube on this one seems way too tall, even all the way down it is not short enough for any short people to ride it, feel like it is too tall for me...
going to turn the handlebars down the opposite direction and see how much difference that makes
also wonder about swapping out that folding top tube part for a shorter one

this is more a friend bike/beach bike so i wont get a lot of rides in on it but will keep this thread updated as a modify etc

rode this 12 miles on the bike path here in tucson today, forget how much i like fat bikes:)

very happy with this controller and i rarely say that about cadence bikes
throttle seems pretty controlled

pas 1 seems to go about 6mph, pas 2 7-8mph, pas 3 about 8.5mph then there is a jump to 11.5mph in pas 4
did not go higher than that
but these are excellent speeds for a multi use bike path

wish the display had wattage shown but not a big deal

i did turn down the handlebars, looks a little funny but works
that made it a good height for me and allowed me to turn them back slightly also and get a little bit shorter reach

the bike will fit in the van back door now too and would not with the handlebars in the turned up position

solid little bike and i am pretty impressed

picked up a used nesta

was not at all happy with the pas in 5 levels, too much go too fast
considered selling it or putting in a KT controller but changed it to pas levels 9 and it solved the problem, much slower ramp up in pas 1 and top speed 6

for others considering this bike i am 5'6" and the frame is big
it is heavy like all these cheap fat tires

i have owned/still own a lot of folders and the handlebar tube on this one seems way too tall, even all the way down it is not short enough for any short people to ride it, feel like it is too tall for me...
going to turn the handlebars down the opposite direction and see how much difference that makes
also wonder about swapping out that folding top tube part for a shorter one

this is more a friend bike/beach bike so i wont get a lot of rides in on it but will keep this thread updated as a modify etc
I have a Nesta. I know that from the advanced menu the power percentage for each PAS can be changed, but I wasn’t aware that you can change the number of PAS levels as you said. How did you do that?

Last edited:
This link has a good write up on another espin display settings, not positive this matches up to our bike but probably pretty close

Should be in the advanced settings

Hope this helps

Espin has a warning in the manual that some settings should not be changed and may result in electrical problems including frying the circuit if it is. A3 in the advanced menu can be changed and I did change it, but A2 should not be changed. I’m just pointing this out in case someone does change it and runs into problems. You may void your warranty. Nero controller may not be equivalent to Nesta, but Nesta can function on the larger Nero battery.

Last edited:
I agree that the handlebar stem is too high for smaller riders. I’m 5’8” and it fits just right at lowest height, but I like a very upright position. My understanding is that Espin is going to change the design to be lower. It may even be possible that the updated stem is compatible which would solve the problem that currently requires inverting the handlebar.

Excellent news about the stem!!

I have never seen a bike where it was a big deal to change pas from 5 to 9, that is a super common thing

But my bike is used so no warranty for me to worry about

Please keep this thread updated on the stem , I would love to change this out to a smaller one

Last edited:
Had a friend ride this bike today for 16-17 mile and then i took it out for another 8 trying to get the battery a little lower since i wont ride it for a few weeks

really pleased with this little bike, pas is nice, throttle is controlled
controller was well done on this bike

very comfortable ride

seems very efficient but mine does have the 14ah battery

i wrote espin and gave them some feedback on the too tall stem and ask them to put me on a mailing list for a shorter one if that part gets changed , they seemed very accommodating so we will see what happens

i have owned a lot of ebikes and feel like this little bike is a very good buy, frame is a little big but 5'6" and over should be ok with the handlebars turned down

Back