First Post: Pannier/ water bottle recommendations for Cross Current S.

The manufacturer's website doesn't give a weight limit for the baskets. They are plenty sturdy. If you know the rating for your rack, go with that.

Panier is great as was my first week. 12 mile each way, great fun, no real issues.

I have a sunlite basket on my CSS rack. Will that pannier still fit if a basket is mounted? I'm looking for a pannier with a secure fit that won't break the bank.

This is the basket: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Sorry for the delay, i rode this morning and confirmed that the pannier has to go on the top bar of the rack. I cant tell from the basket link if it will be compatible or not.

Sorry for the delay, i rode this morning and confirmed that the pannier has to go on the top bar of the rack. I cant tell from the basket link if it will be compatible or not.

I put my pannier, market pannier from Banjo Bros, on the lower rack. The hooks we're almost too small for the bigger one. Needed hose clamps to keep it in place though.

OK, thanks for the input. I'm going to keep on the lookout as my situation is somewhat unique. The top loading panniers, or ones that sit high in general, won't work with a basket. Right now I have a 15 year old one zip tied on because the pannier bounced off, cracked my rack, and almost broke spokes. The bungee attachment method won't cut it on an electric.

bike rack.jpg

Back