First few days with Rip Current S

Crazyworld

RCS 52v has been great so far. Topped off the battery the first night, but the battery level has not moved yet. About 25 miles mostly in S. Tried some river bed sand, but I have the air set to 20 psi, so a little squirrely. Here are a few pictures:
b4.jpg

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 680
Hello, did about 12 miles first day then topped off battery. I will check the display tomorrow when back at work and give the voltage, miles, etc. Could not ride home because I had a few packages to mail. Does anyone know of a good trailer that can carry a few Dell pc boxes?

Hello, did about 12 miles first day then topped off battery. I will check the display tomorrow when back at work and give the voltage, miles, etc. Could not ride home because I had a few packages to mail. Does anyone know of a good trailer that can carry a few Dell pc boxes?
I'm smitten with the Burley Travoy trailer. Maybe this would meet your needs. I sure want one.

@BRUCE thanks for the link. I think this trailer could work well for a grocery run. I will have to look into how wide it is to see if a box will fit. @karmap, here is what my display shows, but I did top off the charge the first day.
b7.jpg

b8.jpg

Here is an old boat that I found on Sundays 20 mile ride. RCS did great. Riding on old wash board roads and the front light loosened up and made front fender rub the tire lol. Sounded like the bike blew up. Simple fix. The rear brakes also started to make a different grinding type sound. Took the cotter pin out and removed the brake pads. Then put pads back with the spacer spring and now the sound is gone. Thinking about getting the Body float, maybe next month if I can swing it. My old Brooks seems to feel better than stock, but I have had the Brooks for years.
20180422_164116.jpg

I noticed the same peculiarity this week with my CCS where I topped off the charge, rode for 20+ miles mostly in level 1, and didn't see the battery indicator lose any bars. Though I did notice the voltage drop from about 56.5 to 51 V. I have the 19.2Ah battery. My guess is the battery bar display isn't correctly calibrated to the larger battery, though it seems the voltage displayed is more or less correct.

It may even be that this was an intentional design choice by Juiced, since bike performance in the higher charge levels is consistent, but at lower charge levels (particularly less than 20%) the bike can be sluggish, regardless of the assist level set. The battery bar may be trying to convey that information, rather than a true "proportion of battery used".

@philerooski I also agree. The level is likely set for 48 v not 52 v. Have about 150 miles. Had to turn the shiftier nut to the left a few to keep the gears from auto changing. This Rip has been fun. Did first crash over the handle bars, bike looks fine, arm is banged up. Was wearing full helmet and gloves. Will heal, just have to watch those curbs that jump out lol. Here is the new stem, thanks @Reid for the idea and link. New bar clamp. Does help with a more upright position.

Attachments

• b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 534
  • b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 524
@philerooski I also agree. The level is likely set for 48 v not 52 v. Have about 150 miles. Had to turn the shiftier nut to the left a few to keep the gears from auto changing. This Rip has been fun. Did first crash over the handle bars, bike looks fine, arm is banged up. Was wearing full helmet and gloves. Will heal, just have to watch those curbs that jump out lol. Here is the new stem, thanks @Reid for the idea and link. New bar clamp. Does help with a more upright position.
Please heal up 100% fast.

We two have a two-member club here. What to name the club? The JOB club: We Who Are Over the Juiced Bar club.

Crazyworld-

Your bike looks amazing. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I might be flattering you when mine comes in. Those Rockbros bags look awesome. Are you happy with them? Anything you don’t like? There is a Cool Change (who comes up with these Chinese companies’ brand names?) rear trunk/ pannier I like a lot too, but it’s black with yellow trim. I am getting the same bike as you have and the black/ red color scheme of your bags really works. Thanks for the pics. Hope you heal quickly.

@Chuck E. Cheese thanks for the compliments. I didn't order any extra parts / accessories till I received my shipping notice for the RCS. I did order a XL brushed RCS. Juice contacted me and said they were out of XL. Asked if a large would work? I asked for red XL, they said yes. So I ordered the red Rockbros bags. Rockbros also has a matching handle bar bag, but with my extra lights and cables not sure how well the handle bar bag would work.

Few days later I got my RCS, was so excited. Opened the well packed box and now I have a large brushed RCS. I'm 6'1 so the large seems to work. I do like the taller head tube and shorter clamp that I have installed.

The Rockbros bags have very good construction and zippers seem to be good quality. The back bag had an extra feature that allows the top to expand that I did not know it had. The only problem I have had was with the rear bottle holder. I had a 25oz Camelback bottle that came out after a small hill and a bump. Wish list would to have a bag that could fit the battery in it. I do think the red does pop with the brushed. Here are a few pics of the rear bag.

Attachments

• 20180505_201108.jpg
    20180505_201108.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 531
  • 20180505_201117.jpg
    20180505_201117.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 508
@Ann M. The RCS panel does also show the voltage, but not sure if the battery bars show the correct percentage of use. I have the cutoff set to 43 volts. The lowest I have seen the battery was 46. The battery bar was a half I think. The start voltage show 60.9 after a full charge. I will start to charge to 80%, but has been fun with full power.

Please heal up 100% fast.

We two have a two-member club here. What to name the club? The JOB club: We Who Are Over the Juiced Bar club.

I love the JOB club, arm is way better. Just a little road rash now. My wife says I'm not 8 anymore so I have to slow down lol.

As Ann M. suggested you should get the bike programmed so that is shows the correct voltage. 58.8v is the limit of a 52v battery at full charge. 60.9 isn't correct.

My Ccs with its 13kwh battery is pulling some funny stuff, too. The LCD is showing 2 bars to empty but the battery is still showing 2 out of 4 lights full. I'll post my pics of the data screens tomorrow to see what I can do.

Here is an old boat that I found on Sundays 20 mile ride. RCS did great. Riding on old wash board roads and the front light loosened up and made front fender rub the tire lol. Sounded like the bike blew up. Simple fix. The rear brakes also started to make a different grinding type sound. Took the cotter pin out and removed the brake pads. Then put pads back with the spacer spring and now the sound is gone. Thinking about getting the Body float, maybe next month if I can swing it. My old Brooks seems to feel better than stock, but I have had the Brooks for years.View attachment 21084
I noticed you changed out the seat for one with springs..what did you get and more importantly how do you like it? Are these the only parts needed to raise the handle bars up? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CNNBWS...colid=2FJ3A56IVW0KV&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JY3BT...olid=2FJ3A56IVW0KV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Thanks more than likely will need to do the same.

Back