First Ebike, want a mid drive with a throttle?

I ended up purchasing the 2017 Izip E3 Peak+ with the Bosch CX. I worked a deal to upgrade to a 500wh from the factory 400wh for a minimal upcharge.

I'm happy, I've been riding the bike almost every day since I bought it & love it. I wrestled with all the choices & in the end decided on something that's most bike like for me. I'll be upgrading the bars for a little more rise & ordered the RS speed key even though I really don't feel I need it after spending some time with the 20mph limit. Can't wait to get on the trail with it soon. First camping trip is next weekend!

My wife rode my bike for the first time & loved it, hoping to pick her up a Rad Mini when they're back in stock.

I ended up purchasing the 2017 Izip E3 Peak+ with the Bosch CX. I worked a deal to upgrade to a 500wh from the factory 400wh for a minimal upcharge.

I'm happy, I've been riding the bike almost every day since I bought it & love it. I wrestled with all the choices & in the end decided on something that's most bike like for me. I'll be upgrading the bars for a little more rise & ordered the RS speed key even though I really don't feel I need it after spending some time with the 20mph limit. Can't wait to get on the trail with it soon. First camping trip is next weekend!

My wife rode my bike for the first time & loved it, hoping to pick her up a Rad Mini when they're back in stock.
Congratulations! I think you will like the weight distribution and balance of a mid-drive. Plus-sized tires are great! And you may think you don't need the RS Speed dongle, but there will be occasions when you will be glad you have it.

Nice looking bike. I have no doubt your wife will enjoy the RadMini once she gets it. I rode a Voltbike Mariner for the first time, which is comparable to the RadMini and found it to be a comfortable ride and very stable with the fat tires. I'm actually considering getting it over the Yukon because I'm limited on storage space in the house and don't have a garage. Enjoy!

Hello, I think you made an excellent choice...Great looking bike with great components. The Bosch powertrain is tops, ( in my opinion )
The Bosch Performance CX motor, smooth and will climb 'a wall', wide torque curve. The Intuvia Controller is also very nice.

John from CT

I looked at a lot of bikes & felt the Peak had the best bang for the buck blend of quality components without blowing the budget so I can upgrade later as necessary. It doesn’t get as much praise as other e-mtb’s but I’m more than happy with it, thanks for all the kind words!
254A11FB-0D6D-45E7-ACA7-3CDF935CF4FA.jpeg

I looked at a lot of bikes & felt the Peak had the best bang for the buck blend of quality components without blowing the budget so I can upgrade later as necessary. It doesn’t get as much praise as other e-mtb’s but I’m more than happy with it, thanks for all the kind words!
View attachment 22077

Court gave it a very solid review, the drive train is tops and overall it looks like a really nice bike. I like it !

John from CT

Back