Firmware Update and Mission Control Problems...

It would be really nice if Specialized allowed us to do these updates. They are in cahoots with the lbs. While waiting for the upgrade, we might just find something else to buy! :)

I agree. I just posted on a new thread about this,

Though I get that it might have to do with complexity or controlling their software but if I purchased the bike from Retailer X and have now moved bit further from where they are and have another Retailer Y, can the new retailer provide the firmware update for me, even though I didnt buy from them? I would be surprised if I have to pay for it at Retailer Y. It's not fair to the customer to have to negotiate between Retailer for updates.

I agree. I just posted on a new thread about this,

Though I get that it might have to do with complexity or controlling their software but if I purchased the bike from Retailer X and have now moved bit further from where they are and have another Retailer Y, can the new retailer provide the firmware update for me, even though I didnt buy from them? I would be surprised if I have to pay for it at Retailer Y. It's not fair to the customer to have to negotiate between Retailer for updates.
In shop locations, I'm very lucky. The shop I purchased from has probably been there 60 or more years. Did a major expansion about five years ago and owns the building and land and is less than a mile from my house. But due to crazy times they are crazy busy. When buying, I purchased their additional service plan so I'm covered for a few years - as long as they can get parts from Specialized and are not swamped. Maybe within the year, things will return to normal in the bike industry.

But I'd still like to be able to do software updates myself.

As I wrote above: "They are in cahoots with the lbs. While waiting for the upgrade, we might just find something else to buy!" Fortunately, with inventory the way it is, there's less to buy!!! :oops:

Yes. Better bring your warranty card with you, too.
Oh, ok, you mean like going into the local VW, Ford, or Chevy dealer while driving around the country and asking to have warranty service done when 1,000's of miles from home? I think not. I think it is deplorable that some "other" LBS THINKS that they can charge you for something that is part of 'Maintainance', etc., that is associated with the initial 2-year warranty. Don't get me wrong, being nice to LBS's to build a new relationship is one thing, but the attitude of those random shops that think they can get away with whatever they want is another discussion......

Oh, ok, you mean like going into the local VW, Ford, or Chevy dealer while driving around the country and asking to have warranty service done when 1,000's of miles from home? I think not. I think it is deplorable that some "other" LBS THINKS that they can charge you for something that is part of 'Maintainance', etc., that is associated with the initial 2-year warranty. Don't get me wrong, being nice to LBS's to build a new relationship is one thing, but the attitude of those random shops that think they can get away with whatever they want is another discussion......
Specialized is a network. I successfully serviced my Vado at different LBS from the one I bought my e-bike at. I just flashed my warranty card. The technician even didn't look into it.

Specialized is a network. I successfully serviced my Vado at different LBS from the one I bought my e-bike at. I just flashed my warranty card. The technician even didn't look into it.
Yup, that’s why we buy into them. I don’t even have a warranty card because they look it up online.

Back