Finally, I Ride Again

Bobber

Region
USA
City
The Evergreen State
I had a crappy December. I caught that crud that "just keeps me hangin on". Plus either it was too cold or wet or both so not much riding lately. But today it's 62 and sunny so I took my regular spin around the hood. It was only 10 miles but it was fun. There are some south facing hills on the way home and you could feel the heat radiating there. So cool I mean hot. The weather is supposed to be mild like this for about a week so maybe some more tooling around. There's this really cool bar and grill that has the best wings and they let me bring my bike inside. Good beer selection too. I might go there tomorrow. 🍻

So that crud came back. Before that though I did get 2 more rides in while it was nice weather and visited my fav wing place by car. I was feeling groovy. Then I got less groovy. Did my at home Covid test today and that came back POSITIVE. I had checked several times before including in December when I had the other crud. I am vacced and twice boosted. So far it's like a regular flu. I am self medicating with a screwdriver now because I figure the Vitamin C can't hurt.

I should say that I am taking care of grandbabies for their father who is in his last year of residency as an ER doc. Who knows what he is bringing home. :oops:

So that crud came back. Before that though I did get 2 more rides in while it was nice weather and visited my fav wing place by car. I was feeling groovy. Then I got less groovy. Did my at home Covid test today and that came back POSITIVE. I had checked several times before including in December when I had the other crud. I am vacced and twice boosted. So far it's like a regular flu. I am self medicating with a screwdriver now because I figure the Vitamin C can't hurt.

I should say that I am taking care of grandbabies for their father who is in his last year of residency as an ER doc. Who knows what he is bringing home. :oops:
You may want to see if you can get a doctor to prescribe Paxlovid. I got Covid last July and went to Urgent Care. Got the RX for Paxlovid and it knocked out the crud in 24 hours.

You may want to see if you can get a doctor to prescribe Paxlovid. I got Covid last July and went to Urgent Care. Got the RX for Paxlovid and it knocked out the crud in 24 hours.
Thanx, but I do live with a doc and he says they usually only prescribe that for people who have it bad. Did you have it bad? I'm hangin in there and might get some takeout thai tonight.👍

Don't let it stop you from riding. Just wear a mask. Then post a photo of you riding, masked, so we can say, "The Lone Ranger rides again!" ;)

Oh, wait... wrong kind of mask... :D

Don't let it stop you from riding. Just wear a mask. Then post a photo of you riding, masked, so we can say, "The Lone Ranger rides again!" ;)

Oh, wait... wrong kind of mask... :D
That reminds me of a Farside cartoon. The stage coach robbers are ready to pounce on their prey, but have their face masks pulled up over their eyes. "Hey, this can't be right," says the gang leader. (Sorry, it's better to see it than to read a description)

I remember that one. Hey Kayakguy, I used to yak quite a bit, I'll be moving back to Poulsbo/Silverdale area in May. That's in Washington State for the rest of you. We should get together.

Back