54.1 miles on is my longest ride so far

Bobber

Region
USA
City
The Evergreen State
I converted my Specialized Crosstrail with the 1000 watt 52v Bafang mid-drive and the big Whale Shark battery. Last year my record was 39 miles but I was mostly in high gear and max power so pedaling is almost useless because I was going so fast. This year I backed it down to power level 3 out of 9 so I'm always pedal assisting now. I have been expanding my routes allowing for traffic, and decent road shoulder, etc and mostly do paved road now. I have done some trail riding but it is a PIA cleaning my bike so that's on the back burner. I managed to do a 42 mile trip and thought I was hot s*it. Then I did a few more in the 40+ range so no big deal. I was looking at this country road way back in the sticks which was part of a good loop ride. I did that and bamm, 52 miles and still juice left at the end. Now I'm king of the hill. A week later I added a leg to that and now I'm at 54.1 miles and I am the greatest of all time (in my world).
I stop when I want and sometimes drop in at a bar and grill. This local joint lets me bring the bike inside so it's my fav and they have great wings and craft beer. My battery charges up to about 58.6 volts. After about 24 miles it's down to 52 volts but is still at around 46 volts at the finish. I'm looking at a longer loop now but don't know if there is a bar over there. Wish me luck.

An impressive ride with a single battery. Just think what you could do if you carried a spare.
My record on a single charge is 52 miles but I usually average 35 to 40. My longest ride so far is 64 miles using 2 batteries. My butt usually gives out before I run out of juice.
Lately, I've given up the "range challenge" and spend more time enjoying the ride.

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted with your achievements!

So we know what you’re doing tomorrow then, don’t we? Hope you’re not in the Northeast, it’s gonna be a doozy. I did a very pleasant 36 miles today in 80 degrees, only used a small amount of battery. Tomorrow supposed to be 96, for crying out loud… we’ll see how that goes

Good going, by the way!

Last edited:
They are here, post #11. Click on the pics for better resolution.

Back