Finally bolted down my KIox anyone else?

fooferdoggie

I finally remembered to grab a small screw M3 about 7mm long and fastened down my kiox. I have no reason to remove it so why not?

Good call! I've been meaning to lock mine down too, but keep forgetting to find the screw.

FYI for anyone considering doing this:
If you are not using the locking screw that came with your Kiox, please make sure it does not apply any upwards pressure on the Kiox display itself. In the past, some screws that were longer-than-stock would push up on the display, causing poor contact and intermittent cut-out. Every so often, we also recommend removing the screw, sliding the Kiox off, and gently cleaning the contacts. This will help prevent any unwanted corrosion that could potentially cause intermittent cutout in the future.

Good call! I've been meaning to lock mine down too, but keep forgetting to find the screw.

FYI for anyone considering doing this:
If you are not using the locking screw that came with your Kiox, please make sure it does not apply any upwards pressure on the Kiox display itself. In the past, some screws that were longer-than-stock would push up on the display, causing poor contact and intermittent cut-out. Every so often, we also recommend removing the screw, sliding the Kiox off, and gently cleaning the contacts. This will help prevent any unwanted corrosion that could potentially cause intermittent cutout in the future.
I did not know one came with it but I never really looked in the box after the upgrade. I lost a light that I have been leaving on my bike I always took my garmin and my garmin radar as they are really expensive.

I did not know one came with it but I never really looked in the box after the upgrade. I lost a light that I have been leaving on my bike I always took my garmin and my garmin radar as they are really expensive.
It is very easy to miss/lose. It is a tiny screw, and comes in a tiny plastic bag. In the attached image, it is the screw on the left, next to the square nut. Everything else pictured in this "spare parts" kit comes already installed on the Kiox mount.

Kiox screw.png

I've been considering bolting mine down because if I end up going over bumpy terrain, my Kiox shuts off! I just need to find the screw. I am a little worried about potential theft, though. Thoughts?

I've been considering bolting mine down because if I end up going over bumpy terrain, my Kiox shuts off! I just need to find the screw. I am a little worried about potential theft, though. Thoughts?
Make sure these two screws are flush. When I first got the bike I had the same issue. The screws were very slightly proud so I tightened them and since then absolutely no problems. SmartSelect_20210707-104308_Gallery.jpg

Make sure these two screws are flush. When I first got the bike I had the same issue. The screws were very slightly proud so I tightened them and since then absolutely no problems. View attachment 92521
Your tip is helpful, but I think they are talking about using the small screw in the back of the display holder to keep the Kiox from being removed.

Back