Fender and Rack kit for Turbo

My kit included all of the screws and mounting hardware required. You dealer should be able to get these parts for you.

Ok, thanks. Mine came empty, just the two fenders (front and rear) and nothing else... I assembled the rear rack with some spare parts that I had, but I see no way to attach the front one :(
It seems like there must be some side-90-degrees adapters that did not come with the fenders.
Do you have any close picture of the front fender to see how those pieces look like?

Here is a pic!
20160323_102249.jpg

Here is an aftermarket fender kit install on a 2015 Turbo-X

BikeSmart 700 Elmers 38-45c (Not recommended for stock Turbo X Tires)
http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/BikeSmart-Elmer-700-Fenders/PR3E4300/Product

First off, the fenders I bought should be for 38c or smaller. The BikeSmarth 700 Elmers are only 45mm wide and I always like to have a bit of overhang. If you want something for larger tires like the ones that come with the Turbo X, get a 50mm fender. I only use mine in the winter, so I matched them with my 700x38c winter tires.

I actually don't recommend these. I only picked them up because they were an open box return that I got for very cheap. These only need to last me one winter and I hope to have a different winter bike solution by next year. But I thought I'd post here in case it helps others mounting fenders to their 2015 Turbo-X

Additional mounting hardware required for Turbo X Suspension Fork:
A small right-angle bracket. I found this one at Ace Hardware. At $2.99 for 4 (I only need 2), I don't care if it rusts. I will be taking these off at the end of the winter anyway.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=53084746

You'll also need some bolts, lock washers and nuts to mount the fenders to the angle brackets if your fender set doesn't come with them.

InuBzFZ.jpg

Angle Brackets mounted:

q31pKLs.jpg

LTJhB75.jpg

Since the Turbo X fork's bosses are much higher up than most for this application, you will need to cut the fender stays. These are often very thick, so be sure you have something strong enough to cut them.

FzwuDDk.jpg

jimdbb7.jpg

Rear Fender lower mount point (existing screw). You will have to remove the wheel to mount here.

21MOsES.jpg

On the BikeSmart fender set, I had to bend back this black piece of metal. Or you could just drill it out and remove it all together.

AvefrGV.jpg

Most fender kits expect a mount screw on the vertical part of your seat stay cross bar. The 2015 Turbo-X has one on the bottom (existing screw). I had to drill a hole in the fenders to mount at this point. You will have to remove the wheel to mount here.

8bKOwfI.jpg

I have a disc-brake compatible Ibera IB-RA5 rack. If you have a non-disc brake rack, mounting both fenders and the rack may require some spacers.

WCHCVAk.jpg

e6rPJ49.jpg

Last edited:
My Turbo S was delivered with screws in all of the mounting holes.

A comment on the rack installation - I would recommend making the spacers just as large as necessary. That is quite a lever arm on the bottom rack attachment. You will need to keep an eye on that screw for bending or breaking.

My Turbo S was delivered with screws in all of the mounting holes.

A comment on the rack installation - I would recommend making the spacers just as large as necessary. That is quite a lever arm on the bottom rack attachment. You will need to keep an eye on that screw for bending or breaking.

Hi @Allan47.7339. Thanks for the comment. The spacers in my photos are the ones that came with the rack. It is technically designed for bikes where the brake caliper obstructs a normal rack.

1407241927403.png

Back