Fazua (latest version black pepper) versus X35+ ?

Yayabike

Region
Europe
I got some issues with my X35 ebikemotion, first it worked well but later it beahve very poorly. From what i read my first idea was the engine was reacting to my own power by using sensors (ie measuring my effort) but I may have been misslead since i read more recently that the engine power was adaptative to the pedaling frequency, that may explain why it behave poorly because I m used to prefer strong gear (which i know is bad but it has been always my way of doing). Also my vibe had to return at orbea workshop due to an error (the controler flashed purple and the phone app gave me an error code) and from what i heard they updated the firmware, so may be it will be much better and I will try to use higher pedaling frequencies.

Anyway, i started to look for alternative and the recent Fazua seems to have a much higher max torque and come with an application to microtune the engine behavior. It is used on some Canyon commuter bikes. But the controler is horrilbe on the lower end model, just a button on lower frame, and so it is not really usable -- on top you have to remvoe the battery to switch the bike one -- More expensive models do have a remote (like on the Orbea Vibe and indeed it is quite similar to the vibe one, indeed a bit better since the battery level is displayed with several leds). But the version you need is over 3500 euros.
Specialized also propose a bike their own engine (they have a light version with 50nm max torque and a regular version), but to get the high torque one you again need over 4000 euros.

So overall Orbea + X35 seem very competitive pricewise, and i hope that once I get it back it will work as well as during the first month i had it.

In any case if you have experience either with the Fazua (after firmware update to black pepper) or with the turbo vado 4.0 and can compare with the X35 + it would be interesting.

The new X20 looks to be a fairly substantial improvement. I like the Fazua setup, but having to take the battery out to turn it on and charge it is a deal breaker for me. Over time taking the battery in and out every day can't be good for the electrical connectors.

The new X20 looks to be a fairly substantial improvement. I like the Fazua setup, but having to take the battery out to turn it on and charge it is a deal breaker for me. Over time taking the battery in and out every day can't be good for the electrical connectors.
That has been changed ( I just read about it on the Fazua site.)

You should take the battery out if not using for over 8.5 hours as the battery goes to sleep. Its nothing to hit the latch and put your finger in to switch on.

More importantly, depending on where you keep the bike and the temperature around the bike come winter months then if its in a shed or cold garage etc you wuold be wise to bring the battery indoors. Leaving in the very cold can cause temporary issues in the control mechanism at top of battery.

Back