Favorite CCS upgrades/accessories?

Tyler S

Hey all - fixin to get a CCS for use on my 12 mile round trip commute. Interested to know what upgrades people have done to theirs that they really like - think I’ll add a suspension seat post - what else have you done?

And thanks in advance to those who plan to say “just get a CCX”...

You may want to look at suspension saddles instead of the seat post. I started with a seat post and switched to a Cloud 9 saddle and moved the seatpost to my other bike. I did quite a few minor upgrades, some for my bike and some for me. Panniers, mirrors, tail light with accelerometer, riser handle bars. I also got a decent MIPS helmet and good quality rain gear. I also have a CCS. For a 12 mile commute it's fine, even if you use S mode the whole way (unless it's all uphill). If I were to do it again, I would buy the CCX for several reasons, but at the time I wasn't sure how committed I would be to commuting. I've commuted nearly daily in all weather since February so I think I'm committed.

I added a Cloud 9 seat which was a good call for me. Brighter taillight that flashes; I left the stock light on and use it occasionally. Can't be too visible. Weld rear baskets to carry groceries and stuff. Ibarra front bag for water bottle and other sundries. Top tube panniers for some tools. Bell. Better pedals. That's about it.

Nothing wrong with a CCS, I love mine. Some things about the CCX I'd like to have, but I sure don't regret getting the CCS back when it was top of the line, and I'm sure you won't regret it either.

Saddlebags! Because wearing a backpack sux. I've also added another tail light and Garmin computer mount for my Edge 1030. A bike bell is good if you are going to be around people. I travel through a major University and most students attend to their phone and not where they walk. If you don't have a helmet mounted mirror, get one for your handle bar.

I went with the riser bars because I have wrist/forearm issues and sitting upright eliminates pressure on my wrists. I picked up a pair of Schwalbe Energizer e-bike tires on sale that I'll put on either when the Kenda's wear out or if I get a third flat. I put in Slime after the second flat.

Quadlock case and their out front mount to securely attach my phone to the handlebars. I use it as a roadcam with a battery in my panniers, charged via a zip tied and frame matching USB C cable. Having footage of any incidents can be invaluable.

Back