FAT BIKES (mostly) I Have Found for TALL RIDERS ( On a $830 to $2.5K Budget)

Glad you asked. The fifth bike is my new daily rider that will be delivered in late July (God willing). It's a factory direct version of this amazing Ebike. I was fortunate to test ride this bike as well as the HD750 version and after one ride, I was hooked. As impressive as the specs and components are, this heavy machine rides like a dream.

factory direct version? What does that mean exactly? Did you order something similar from Aliexpress or ? This is out of my price range, but the Ecotric Bison is at 2k right now and is a 93lb beast. maybe, a future purchase. but who knows what will be available price and spec-wise in the next few years. exciting time for e-bikes and cars maybe as well (Tesla may have a cheaper version e-car in the near future as well).

Want to join this club when I get rid of my 82# 750w( conservative) beast, there is not that many riding options in these woods, believe it or not,I predict less in the future all you have to do is watch the idiots on youtube to understand why ( good respectful riders are a joy to watch) the trend I see is this a whole lot of Folks are trying for low-cost EMotorcycles and eventually this is going to increase scrutiny and license laws.I see right now a surprising amount of rec roads and trails are closed to EBikes in the Geo.Washington national forest.

Yeah, thanks. Funny, that you mentioned this option as my landlady mentioned that I could do the same thing in her garage as there is no floor space available now; however, I would have to leave the installed hoist in her garage (in a signed contract) when and if I decide to move to another rental place as I know she wanted to use it for her many projects as well (they have storage on wooden planks on the metal bars above the garage door opener on the sides, etc.. (I don't even think there is space to lift a bike in the garage anyway), so I decided on a folding bike for now that I can keep in my room. I think hoists can be as cheap as $70 to 120 for smaller hoists, she showed me an example.
Ah yes, rental life restrictions - rented most of my adult life so I feel your pain. I own the home I'm in now and no plans to move from here for years to come - often I will rent short term and even long term when work needs me in a city farther away than a reasonable daily drive.

Kudos to you for figuring out what works for you and as I'm learning, there are so many options/styles/size bikes in the ebike world, beyond what DIY conversion systems I started with can offer.

Yeah, thanks. Funny, that you mentioned this option as my landlady mentioned that I could do the same thing in her garage as there is no floor space available now; however, I would have to leave the installed hoist in her garage (in a signed contract) when and if I decide to move to another rental place as I know she wanted to use it for her many projects as well (they have storage on wooden planks on the metal bars above the garage door opener on the sides, etc.. (I don't even think there is space to lift a bike in the garage anyway), so I decided on a folding bike for now that I can keep in my room. I think hoists can be as cheap as $70 to 120 for smaller hoists, she showed me an example.

Here is another option for a low-cost hoist for lifting and storing EBikes... well made, just upgrade the rope.

Want to join this club when I get rid of my 82# 750w( conservative) beast, there is not that many riding options in these woods, believe it or not,I predict less in the future all you have to do is watch the idiots on youtube to understand why ( good respectful riders are a joy to watch) the trend I see is this a whole lot of Folks are trying for low-cost EMotorcycles and eventually this is going to increase scrutiny and license laws.I see right now a surprising amount of rec roads and trails are closed to EBikes in the Geo.Washington national forest.

I agree with your sentiments and fear more regulation on ebikes. It is the mindless and careless idiots that ruin things for everyone. I've put over 1500 miles on ebikes thus far this year. I ride very considerately and respectfully on bike trails motivated by wanting to keep the privilege.

I ride on quiet neighborhood streets and to the store but my favorite ride is a 52 mile round trip on mostly deserted country roads on my way to a shooting club. I want/need an ebike that can do that trip at better than 20mph pedaling the whole way. So a bike that can go say 40mph max when pedalling is a good solution. I'm fine with a 15 or 20 mph limit on bike trails but I like the flexibility to do both so I can combine two hobbies in a single activity. BTW, I'm a 69 year old who needs the exercise and ebikes have rejuvenated my interest in cycling. I have owned several motorcycles and my ebikes ain't motorcycles or mopeds. They're ebikes damn it ...

I agree with your sentiments and fear more regulation on ebikes. It is the mindless and careless idiots that ruin things for everyone. I've put over 1500 miles on ebikes thus far this year. I ride very considerately and respectfully on bike trails motivated by wanting to keep the privilege.

I ride on quiet neighborhood streets and to the store but my favorite ride is a 52 mile round trip on mostly deserted country roads on my way to a shooting club. I want/need an ebike that can do that trip at better than 20mph pedaling the whole way. So a bike that can go say 40mph max when pedalling is a good solution. I'm fine with a 15 or 20 mph limit on bike trails but I like the flexibility to do both so I can combine two hobbies in a single activity. BTW, I'm a 69 year old who needs the exercise and ebikes have rejuvenated my interest in cycling. I have owned several motorcycles and my ebikes ain't motorcycles or mopeds. They're ebikes damn it ...

The evolution of EVs is and will be a fascinating topic to me such as how (top-end Zero, Harley D. and a couple of other 20 to 30k+ new electric motorcycle companies) are way out of my price range as I have never ridden or even wanted to ride a motorcycle until the automatic electric motorcycles started coming out and I could see myself possibly wanting one (watching people ride the zero makes me drool), but they are still above 20k (except Zero does have a few low-end bikes from 8k to 12k now), supposedly a company in India is trying to develop a cheaper Emotorcyle version that has great specs but only 8k or so in price in the next few years, and then I see that electric bicycles are getting more powerful and more complex like a hybrid between an electric bike and emotorcycle like the Sur-Ron on Luna Cycles (3.6k 50mph) and several other 3 to 10k (40 to 70 mph) electric bike companies are offering, so it will be interesting to see how Ecars and Ebikes evolve.

factory direct version? What does that mean exactly? Did you order something similar from Aliexpress or ? This is out of my price range, but the Ecotric Bison is at 2k right now and is a 93lb beast. maybe, a future purchase. but who knows what will be available price and spec-wise in the next few years. exciting time for e-bikes and cars maybe as well (Tesla may have a cheaper version e-car in the near future as well).

Alibaba sells a non-branded version of the ebike and you can have it in any color you want as long as that is black ... ;-)

BIKES for TALL RIDERS ( $840 to $2.5K Budget): Looking for an XL/XXL Frame Size E-Bike. I'm thinking if I get a faster more powerful bike that the fat tire might be nice for stability.

I'm 6'1" 185 lbs but I have a 35" inseam so XL or larger frame size (20"+),

so far I have found Juiced Bikes has an XL frame size, M2SBikes has a large frame, NCM Aspen, HOTEBike Beach Bike (2000W), Ecotric Hammer and Bison are large bikes and Eahora XC200 so about seven bikes so far that are large.

OMG, I just came across Ecotric's newest Fat Bike: called Bison so I am leaning towards Bison or the Hammer bike. Here is the Bison: https://www.ecotric.com/collections/bison/products/bison-matt-black

Bikes for shorter riders (under 33" inseam ) *Taller Riders need longer seat/front post.

Ancheer 480 W battery, 500 W motor 27.5" thin tires $899 lower-price models available

Eahora XC100 500W battery, 350 W motor 26" thin tire $899

Rattan Challenger 2020 500W battery, 350 W motor 26" $899

Ride1UP Core-5 $1,095 500 W motor/battery 27.5" tires

Ride1UP 500 Series $1,195 500 W motor / 624 W battery

Ecotric Seagull 1000 W motor, 624 w battery 1,259 26" tires

RadCity4 1,499 672 W battery, 750 W motor 26" frame: 18.5" $200 military/other discount.

Bikes for taller Riders

Lunacycle has higher-end ebikes like the Sur-Ron 3,600 on their website

https://bikonit.com/products 3 models 2,500 to 5K price range (dual battery setup) large frame bike 80 lbs or so

Lectric Foldable XP 20" mini 500W/500W 899 5% military discount.

NCM Moscow Electric Mountain Bike 1,059 500 W motor 624 W battery / 27.5 (19" frame) or 29 inch wheel size (20.5" frame size) 41.7" *Speed limit cannot be unlocked

NCM Moscow Plus 768W battery & other upgrades (1,459) *Speed limit cannot be unlocked

SONDORS Original Fat tire 500 W motor / 810 W battery 1,100 *No Suspension

Rattan Foldable Mini - LM 750W 20" tire 624 W battery 1,199 with code ^seatpost is short for tall people

NCM Aspen fat tire 1,279 500 W motor / 624 W battery

NCM Aspen plus fat tire 1,679 500 W motor / 768 battery

Ecotric Hammer fat tire 624W battery / 1000W motor 1,380 38.5 to 44" seat height

Aventon Pace 500 500 W motor , 556 W battery 1,399 Large Frame Size *No Suspension

Eahora XC200 Plus 750 W motor / 624 W battery 21.5" frame size 1, 620 on Amazon

Sondors XS (fat) 1,699 + 97 shipping 750W motor 840 W battery 35" to 43.5" seat air suspension hydraulic brakes / seat suspension 75 lbs

M2Bikes - Fat Tire All Terrain R750 HT 750W motor / 750 W battery 1,799
or 1000W battery (1,999) XL Frame Size 21" shipping around 150 to 200 extra

Ecotric Bison fat tire 1000 W / 1000 W 93lb 2,000 79.5 x 24.4 x 46 inches

JuicedBikes CC 1,899 676W battery/750 W mtr 28" tire Frame: XL *200 military/etc. discount

Juiced Bike CC X 2,499 1000W battery, 750 W mtr thin 28" tire *200 military/etc. discount

Juiced Bikess Rip Current fat tire 676 W battery / 750 mtr 1,899 *200 military/etc. discount

Juiced Bikes Rip Current S fat tire 1,000 W bty / 750 w mtr 2,499 *200 military/etc. discount

From China: HOTEBIKe 750 W mtr / 624 W bty 27.5" tires 1,329 /1,140 (or Aliexpress)

From China: HOTEBike 2000W mtr / 1100 bty fat-tire 1,889 / or 1,612 (1,000W motor on AliEx)

High-End Bikes: Enduro Bikes (https://enduroebikes.com/), Sur-Ron at Luna-cycle.com, Cyclone (Taiwan) https://elite-motor.com/bikes.html, https://ecells.com/ (dual suspension/motor/battery), and https://www.hotebike.com
I bought a small bike in Korea about 30 years ago it weighs about 19 lbs it’s to small for me that’s when I didn’t know what I was doing, it light, but a fast Road bike It’s called a Bridgetown synergy bike.

Back