Fat Bike 48V 500W+ 190mm Rear Wheel-Recommendations?

I have a Cannondale Fat CAAD 3 and want to add a 48V 500W+ 190mm Rear Wheel preferably with a geared drive hub motor. I already have a lot of ebike conversion parts from a previous build so a wheel only is good but open to a full conversion kit in the right circumstance. Also not trying to break the bank just want a serviceable wheel to pair with my 48V 13ah battery...
Does anyone have any good recommendations?
Thanks!!!

I have a Cannondale Fat CAAD 3 and want to add a 48V 500W+ 190mm Rear Wheel preferably with a geared drive hub motor. I already have a lot of ebike conversion parts from a previous build so a wheel only is good but open to a full conversion kit in the right circumstance. Also not trying to break the bank just want a serviceable wheel to pair with my 48V 13ah battery...
Does anyone have any good recommendations?
Thanks!!!
There are many such products out there most from China a few from the USA. Bafang motors have a fairly good reputation. Just do a search on electric hub motors.
Good luck.

Take a look at the recommendations from EBR... here is the Electric Bike Outfitters Fat Tire Kit Review

Electric Bike Outfitters Fat Tire Kit Review | ElectricBikeReview.com

Electric Bike Outfitters Clydesdale 2.0 Kit Review | ElectricBikeReview.com

For a less spend y options, with more power, Ebikeling does sell just the wheeled motors, one of which is geared (I think) ,they sell out of Chicago Ill. if that's important.
Plus there are several Calf. sellers for much less money than in the EBR reviews,... for instance I paid $750 for a geared 1500w? full kit including a 48v 21a battery.

Thanks for the suggestions-the EBR video was enlightening as to how far customization can go so it was a good primer. The "less spendy" options" are more my speed, but your suggestions confirmed my initial research...Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestions-the EBR video was enlightening as to how far customization can go so it was a good primer.
The "less spendy" options" are more my speed, but your suggestions confirmed my initial research...Thanks again!
Glad to help and good luck with your project!

Geared motor narrows down the selection, as does 190mm. You may have to buy off aliexpress. Bafang sells a G60 fat tire motor in that width. Probably around $200 shipped. You just want the motor and not a wheel?

This is 175mm, but you can ask them for 190mm. Best quality, in my opinion.

Non bafang, and says 36V, but will run on 48v. Complete wheel.

CYC X1 stealth would be a good option for a mid drive setup. Not as cheap, but you’d get much better torque for climbing and off roading if that’s your thing.

And fatbikes usually have tons of room in the main frame triangle for large batteries.

Back