Explore+3 +4 GTS And Sister Amiti - Review • Comments • Q&A

I think the Explore Pro + does have piggy pack
MY21 Explore e+2 has the 500Wh battery and the piggy back option. $500 more than the MY20 Explore e+4. With full fenders, rack, lights, 500Wh battery, bottle cage mounting point, 180mm discs front and back and probably a few more things it seems to be well worth considering it.

MY21 Explore e+2 has the 500Wh battery and the piggy back option. $500 more than the MY20 Explore e+4. With full fenders, rack, lights, 500Wh battery, bottle cage mounting point, 180mm discs front and back and probably a few more things it seems to be well worth considering it.
Are you in the States?

I am pretty sure the MY21 Explore (any model) doesn't support the "energy Pak Plus" Range Extender, if that's what you mean by "piggy back".
I reserve the right to be wrong, but I went down that road before and had to double check on the MY20.

The "EnergyPak Smart 500" is just the normal in-tube battery, which is an improvement from the MY20 375

The upcoming dual battery Zen Elementa from up the road in Halifax could be worth adding to the short-list. @Ravi Kempaiah is active on these forums and from all accounts looks to be building a killer range of bikes. If I were buying in the next few months his range would be on my list.

The Dost Drop is a less refined option too. Both are the next pricing tier up from the Explore +4.

I am pretty sure the MY21 Explore (any model) doesn't support the "energy Pak Plus" Range Extender, if that's what you mean by "piggy back".
I reserve the right to be wrong, but I went down that road before and had to double check on the MY20.

The "EnergyPak Smart 500" is just the normal in-tube battery, which is an improvement from the MY20 375
I couldn’t say for sure but this is from the US and Canadian Explore e+2 and (for Canada) the Explore e+1 Pro specs.

B3C16544-2FEF-4176-857E-1C6A65AF8381.jpeg

Giant's Explore Pro 0+ was 500wh but it still had an optional add-on power pack. In 2021 Giant increased Explore Pro 1 + range by a huge increase to 625wh main and whatever add-on power pak.

Giant's Explore Pro 0+ was 500wh but it still had an optional add-on power pack. In 2021 Giant increased Explore Pro 1 + range by a huge increase to 625wh main and whatever add-on power pak.
The Explore PRO 0+ and 1+ is a different line of eBikes . It even has it's own frame not shared with the rest of the Explore line.

Pro or a +1/2 and an Energypak Plus would conquer most rides and hills. The big downside is your price is creeping up towards double a base +4, at least here in Australia.

Holly Cow, Four State loop, how very flipping cool. We just got back from Sedona which was excellent but the flying was horrid. Doing some self quarantine to make sure I didn't bring anything back from AZ.

Got a new 500 WH battery for my 2020 Explore E+4. I have 9,500 miles on my bike and may have lost about 5%. When I first got it, my max range was 62 miles on level 2. I do most riding now in level 3. Last year I could get close to 40 miles on level 3. It's down to 35 or 36 tops. I'm thinking the new battery will give me close to 50 miles on level 3. Will soon find out.

I've attached some pics. The new battery shows 500 wh. The cost was 699.00 battery and 55.00 for the cover.

Part number which is on pic of back of battery: 244M36500F-13V.

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_120448521.jpg
    IMG_20210617_120448521.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20210617_120339453.jpg
    IMG_20210617_120339453.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20210617_120412236.jpg
    IMG_20210617_120412236.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 278
Got a new 500 WH battery for my 2020 Explore E+4. I have 9,500 miles on my bike and may have lost about 5%. When I first got it, my max range was 62 miles on level 2. I do most riding now in level 3. Last year I could get close to 40 miles on level 3. It's down to 35 or 36 tops. I'm thinking the new battery will give me close to 50 miles on level 3. Will soon find out.

I've attached some pics. The new battery shows 500 wh. The cost was 699.00 battery and 55.00 for the cover.

Part number which is on pic of back of battery: 244M36500F-13V.
Got 51 miles in on level 3 with the new 500 WH battery. My old used (400 WH) battery had 9,500 miles and was getting 35 miles on level 3.

This gives me about 80 plus miles on the new and old. I want to do some camping and having the two batteries will be nice.

Got 51 miles in on level 3 with the new 500 WH battery. My old used (400 WH) battery had 9,500 miles and was getting 35 miles on level 3.

This gives me about 80 plus miles on the new and old. I want to do some camping and having the two batteries will be nice.
Is the new battery from Giant online? The price I see there is substantially higher.

Is the new battery from Giant online? The price I see there is substantially higher.
You will need to have your Giant dealer order it. I think the one online says "Integrated". I think this is a slimmer and more compact. That probably is why the price is higher.

BTW, I discovered a new feature on the Amiti, quite by mistake.
The two front lights, one circle led on the stem housing, and a LED headlamp mounted on the fork brace - the latter has a switch on it, one way it lights up, the other the led circle light lights up. So I turned it on the other day and couldn't get the circle led to light. WTH. So I took it all apart thinking it was the switch, which did not fix it, finally ended up just putting it all back together and back on the bike.

Low and behold, it has a ambient lighting sensor - during daylight the circle light will light up, and after dark the headlamp lights up. I wonder if that's in the manual. 🤣

Really nice feature...lighting for dummies. LOL
Hello Everyone
I’m a newbie to Ebikes as well as this forum, been most enlightening reading, so thank you for the reads.

I’m in the market for an XS frame e-bicycle for mostly scenic paved paths but must also be able to handle some “non technical off-road” riding (eg uneven rough firetrails or a mild trail up in the Snowy’s eg old Kosciusko Road or the Thredbo Valley Trail to Crackenback) A local bike store tracked down one Amiti e+1 (2021) which looked really good on the website. I’ve been assured it handles off-road as well but some websites list it as a Road Ebike. Hence be helpful to hear firsthand user experience if anyone has done the 2021 model or previous (if there are no spec changes)

In real life, the 2021 Amiti is missing that awesome embedded integrated running daylight (a selling point for me), the bike also felt really heavy, looked chunk instead of sleek with rude welding welts at the joints (not something I expected from a model with a AUD5k price tag. It’s marketed by Giant as an adventure bike (what’s that mean) and has tire grips with the word “gravel2” on it (a heartening observation).
The prior year models look quite different.

I’ve noticed some changes in the 2021 Amiti model and wondered whether the (compromises?) changes are due to covid supply constraints or whether a change in manufacturing site. There also appear to be quite a few available left in stock (other sizes) on the bike exchange. Reviews have been limited and hard to find.

I’m wondering if it is too heavy or frame agile enough to manage some occasional surprises on the trail.

Also, speed is not something I need and by Australian law, there is a speed cap at 25km/h. That said, then would the 70-80N torque be wasted (physics is not my forte). I am 60kg and sometimes bring my 9kg mutt for a ride.

I’ve actually already done a down payment yesterday, as stocks are ltd, I was a little hasty for FOMO. :). Your experience/ knowledge / feedback would be appreciated. Ta.

Back